Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2011 New Suburban purchase Q&A

Search this Thread

Old December 2nd, 2010, 7:11 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default internet

www.cars.com
www.autobytel.com
craigslist
ebay.

I found 41 black 09-11 LTZs within 500 miles of you with only 12 clicks:

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...ice&sf1Dir=ASC
Old December 2nd, 2010, 5:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
www.cars.com
www.autobytel.com
craigslist
ebay.

I found 41 black 09-11 LTZs within 500 miles of you with only 12 clicks:

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...ice&sf1Dir=ASC
Thanks for the help. When I went to that link i see its for Tahoes, not Suburbans. I did a search locally for 09,10, 11 used Suburbans and only found a few, all pretty high milage. What I then did is search on new cars and found quite a few new 2010's that I could not find via the chevy.com site. thanks.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 7:14 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Burban

My bad, I was thinking Tahoes...

www.vehix.com also.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 12:54 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by krcossin
I am in the market for a very simular vehicle for a very simular driver (wife). We hope to take delivery next Thursday. 2010 Suburban LTZ with Sun, Entertainment and Destination, heavy duty trailer package (electric brake is not included), 3rd row DVD screen, 20" chrome clad, and side blind zone mirrors. I am having the dealer install the 2 way advanced remote, theft deterrent, and shock sensor (Detroit is too close).
I am out the door price just over $12,000 less than MSRP.

Now I need to get the GMX550 lockpick.
Krcossin, good to know. I see lots of LTZ's on the road around here and I do love the latest gen styling. I want to get an Avalanche for myself sometime next year, but thats another story.

What does the 2 way adv. remote do for you? I thought it came with a remote key fob? also, what about the theft and shock sensors, do you have any details on them? Finally, what is a GMX550?
Old December 3rd, 2010, 1:01 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by HOE-N-IT
BTW if you have not seen this site it will give you a lot of information on standard features and options but no pricing. http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...D=10381&type=0

I was not aware of that site, but its excellent. just to help decipher the various packages and options its worth its weight in gold.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 1:03 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
I can fix you up with a Supplier company code if you are interested...
You will need to sign in to www.gmsupplierdiscount.com and take it from there.
I don't know if it will work for you but its worth a try if you are interested.
In2pro, thats awesome, thank you. What does this entail? I need to order one vs. buy off the lot? What type of discounting and pricing does this provide? Sorry, I know nothing of the various GM discount programs.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 1:10 PM
CF Beginner

All

Thanks so much for all of your feedback, help and suggestions. The suggestions about buying a 2010 as well as some of web sites caused me to take the blinders off and I did more searching for 2010 Suburbans. Most of what I had found in the past few months were either wrong models/packages or had some glaring option mismatches. But most of all I wasn't finding many at all. Well, I had forgotton about the 75th Anniversry edition which I had personally dismissed over the summer when we saw and drove one. Too much chrome and foo foo stuff for me, but wife liked the color a lot. Well, I see with some searching they (and a few low end LS models) are still pretty well avaialble on a variety of dealer lots around here. MSRP prices are still very high ($60k-62k), but I based on some pricing and true invoice research I did last night, I have to think they will want to unload them. I found one about 10 miles away that I want to check on and possibly make an offer. MSRP of almost 62k, but from what I can see about true dealer invoice, their cost seems to be around $52k ish. I did not find any details, other than the $995 upcharge for the paint, on any of the invoice pricing sites (edmunds, truecars, nada, kbb) for the 75th anniversery editiion.

any advice?
Old December 3rd, 2010, 2:35 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Nukethem, I sent you a PM with the company code if you would like to give it a try
Old December 3rd, 2010, 6:06 PM
CF Junior Member

I am very surprised that your research showed a true invoice of 10K under MSRP. When I was looking at those sites (at Tahoes) invoice was about $4500 under MSRP plus the 3% dealer holdback which is not 10K. I realize their are sometimes other incentives GM will offer the dealer and maybe even some help in moving old stock. This is not to say you can't get that much off as the dealer will really want to move a 2010. You can get some really good deals on the leftover models but factor into your thinking when you sell or trade down the road you will get less for it.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 7:26 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by HOE-N-IT
I am very surprised that your research showed a true invoice of 10K under MSRP. When I was looking at those sites (at Tahoes) invoice was about $4500 under MSRP plus the 3% dealer holdback which is not 10K. I realize their are sometimes other incentives GM will offer the dealer and maybe even some help in moving old stock. This is not to say you can't get that much off as the dealer will really want to move a 2010. You can get some really good deals on the leftover models but factor into your thinking when you sell or trade down the road you will get less for it.
I am probably overstating the numbers, I will check things out in detail tomorrow. I was also including the $3k "cash back" they give you on a 2010 too.

Quick Reply: 2011 New Suburban purchase Q&A