Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2011 Tahoe LTZ A/C-Misfire Problem

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2020, 4:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Tahoe LTZ A/C-Misfire Problem

Gm techs, got a question if anyone may know a solution.. I have a 2011 Tahoe LTZ that the A/C compressor when I first start the truck will cycle on and off, I assumed it was low so I stuck the gauges on it and crossed our relay to make it stay on and the pressures are perfect 30-40 on low side and
Around 200-210 on high side, mac scanner shows A/C disengage history Rpm unstable and battery voltage, it swaps back and forth to that- battery voltage is right in 14 constantly and current misfire shows no misfires, the misfire history shows a few misfires in cylinder 5 and 7, I just put ac Delco iridium plugs and new wires, also it just had a ac Delco fuel pump installed, I’m kinda at a loss on what to do.. After the vehicles runs for 30-45 minutes the compressor will come on and stay on like it’s suppose to, it’s mainly when I first start it up
Old August 6th, 2020, 9:36 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 166 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin Gibson
Gm techs, got a question if anyone may know a solution.. I have a 2011 Tahoe LTZ that the A/C compressor when I first start the truck will cycle on and off, I assumed it was low so I stuck the gauges on it and crossed our relay to make it stay on and the pressures are perfect 30-40 on low side and
Around 200-210 on high side, mac scanner shows A/C disengage history Rpm unstable and battery voltage, it swaps back and forth to that- battery voltage is right in 14 constantly and current misfire shows no misfires, the misfire history shows a few misfires in cylinder 5 and 7, I just put ac Delco iridium plugs and new wires, also it just had a ac Delco fuel pump installed, I’m kinda at a loss on what to do.. After the vehicles runs for 30-45 minutes the compressor will come on and stay on like it’s suppose to, it’s mainly when I first start it up
Could be the refrigerant pressure sensor acting up. I chased a erratic compressor on issue in my old Malibu and that was the issue as it would cycle or not kick in on 90+ days.
On the 'bu it has a Schrader valve under it so no loss of refrigerant.