Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2011 Tahoe LTZ Radio-Nav Display Problems

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2013, 2:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Tahoe LTZ Radio-Nav Display Problems

While driving, the display suddenly went blank. Every 30 seconds, it would flash on for 2 seconds showing the Chevy logo and garbled code in small text at the bottom of the screen. When I got home, I tried to reset the system by disconnected the fuses and then the battery cables, waited 30 minutes but system still flashing. I can here what sounds like the processor trying to spin up, even when the ignition is off and keys out, but it never comes back. I can operate the radio and CD playerwith the dials and the seek, volume, channel and source buttons on the steering wheel...just no display or mute capability. No buttons function on the unit (except the dials).

Hoping someone has a suggestion other than replacing the system.

Last edited by jday; June 19th, 2013 at 3:00 PM.
Old July 30th, 2020, 7:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jday
While driving, the display suddenly went blank. Every 30 seconds, it would flash on for 2 seconds showing the Chevy logo and garbled code in small text at the bottom of the screen. When I got home, I tried to reset the system by disconnected the fuses and then the battery cables, waited 30 minutes but system still flashing. I can here what sounds like the processor trying to spin up, even when the ignition is off and keys out, but it never comes back. I can operate the radio and CD playerwith the dials and the seek, volume, channel and source buttons on the steering wheel...just no display or mute capability. No buttons function on the unit (except the dials).

Hoping someone has a suggestion other than replacing the system.
Do you remember how you fixed this? I know it’s been a while.