Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2012 vibration from 25+ around 1500 rpm

Search this Thread

Old August 9th, 2012, 5:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 vibration from 25+ around 1500 rpm

Bought our suburban 6/13/2012 and noticed a vibration shortly there after. Vibration occurs at speeds around 25mph to 75mph. Very noticeable at cruising speeds of ~65mph and 1500 rpm. Have taken truck to dealer who replaced all 4 tires with another brand. Picked truck up and vibration still there. When taken for a test drive (the first time) with service manager noticed vibration right away. Took truck back a second time to test drive another Suburban, which had the off road package, it had the same vibration issue as mine - if not worse. You could hear something rattling on driver passenger door. We went back and test drove a Tahoe and same thing. I am now waiting for an engineer to check over vehicle and let me know if it's normal or defective. Service manager doesn't think there is anything that can be done since two other brand new SUV's are doing the same thing. Any ideas?
Old August 9th, 2012, 6:20 PM
CF Senior Member

does your dealer do road force balancing? make sure the front struts are torqued all the way down. i replaced mine, and they were ever so slightly loose and you could feel a vibration in the steering. same with the rear shocks. be sure they are fully screwed in and the rubber bushings are there. Also be sure your alignment is good.

My 2012 Tahoe came with the following issues
Front right fender had too much space between it and pass door
The front bumper was not correctly affixed to the front clips
Rear driver side seat would not power retract
Pass side rear panel was not affixed properly (sitting in all the mounting holes)
Alignment was off.

Last edited by blueinterceptor; August 10th, 2012 at 1:43 AM.
Old August 9th, 2012, 7:32 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I'd consider having the drive shaft balance checked
Old August 9th, 2012, 9:11 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Sounds like all of that dealer's units have the new driver & psgr door rattle, road vibration option.

Did you get it new? Also you might test drive one from another dealer.

Checking the drive shaft balance is good idea. Might see if it's there in 4WD also.
Old August 10th, 2012, 8:57 AM
CF Beginner

There are no vibrations in steering wheel. No alignment issues. The vibration is felt through the seat and floorboard. I guess if I can suspend myself and passengers from the ceiling and still reach the pedals problem solved.

I understand that checking the drive shaft for proper balance would be a great idea. My question would be - Why is the non ASE certified individual telling the trained mechanic, who got their info from the GM technical division, what to check for. I might as well work on the truck myself in that case.

I can't believe I'm the only one with this issue and others are unable to feel this vibration. If my service manager was able to feel it right from the start of the test drive something must be wrong. I feel sorry for the other guy who buys the other vehicles there.
Old August 10th, 2012, 8:58 AM
CF Beginner

Oh, and I bought it brand new. 7 miles on it.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 7:00 AM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem with my 2012 crew cab 1500 z71.it can be felt though whole truck. they have road force balabced tires and replaceed 2.problem still there. rep said it in spec. I say hell no not at 35000 its not. i,ve been back 3 times for this problem. I don't think they have a fix for it. i,ve contacted a law firm and waiting to see what they say.there is another site where they are talking about same problem up to 3500 trucks. good luck .!!! I,LL POST MORE WHEN I FIND OUT MORE INFO.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 9:42 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rebsdeb31
I have the same problem with my 2012 crew cab 1500 z71.it can be felt though whole truck. they have road force balabced tires and replaceed 2.problem still there. rep said it in spec. I say hell no not at 35000 its not. i,ve been back 3 times for this problem. I don't think they have a fix for it. i,ve contacted a law firm and waiting to see what they say.there is another site where they are talking about same problem up to 3500 trucks. good luck .!!! I,LL POST MORE WHEN I FIND OUT MORE INFO.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> rebsdeb31,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. Have you contacted Customer Service regarding this concern? If so, would you please PM me your case number so I can look into this further?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old May 14th, 2014, 9:34 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2013 Chevrolet Suburban

Originally Posted by Schooner
Bought our suburban 6/13/2012 and noticed a vibration shortly there after. Vibration occurs at speeds around 25mph to 75mph. Very noticeable at cruising speeds of ~65mph and 1500 rpm. Have taken truck to dealer who replaced all 4 tires with another brand. Picked truck up and vibration still there. When taken for a test drive (the first time) with service manager noticed vibration right away. Took truck back a second time to test drive another Suburban, which had the off road package, it had the same vibration issue as mine - if not worse. You could hear something rattling on driver passenger door. We went back and test drove a Tahoe and same thing. I am now waiting for an engineer to check over vehicle and let me know if it's normal or defective. Service manager doesn't think there is anything that can be done since two other brand new SUV's are doing the same thing. Any ideas?

Hi,

I purchased a 2013 Chevrolet Suburban in December of 2013. Ihave a vibration issue with the vehicle since purchasing it. I have brought the vehicle in for service more than 5 times and the dealership “Sands Chevrolet ofSurprise AZ” refuses to do anything more. I have less than 5k miles on it as well.<o></o

The problem with my vehicle is it vibrates the steeringwheel, the dash, and the front passenger and drivers areas. <o></o

I have tried working with the B.B.B of AZ, B.B.B auto line,District Attorney and an attorney. <o></o

G.M. has refused to do a buy back since then. I havecontacted G.M. support which has been a total disappointment.<o></o

The dealership continues to lie on all accounts althoughthey have replaced the Rims, tires and road force balanced the vehicle severaltimes.<o></o

I will not give up until I can get G.M. to buy back the lemon I purchased.<o></o

<o></o

Does anyone know of a better way for me to get thisresolved?<o></o

<o></o

Thanks,<o></o
Old May 14th, 2014, 10:43 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am amazed that people still bother to buy gm with crap like this on new vehicles...

Quick Reply: 2012 vibration from 25+ around 1500 rpm