Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2013 Suburban alarm going off at random

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2015, 9:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Suburban alarm going off at random

Hey guys- My Suburban alarm has been going off at random, when parked and locked. Can just be at my office parking lot, with nothing passing it, no vibrations, etc.

A friend had me all paranoid yesterday that I could have a mouse, as I do clothes collections often for a homeless ministry. But, I set traps all over it yesterday and let it sit all day and night and nothing. Thought it could be the motion detector.

Also replaced the fob battery just to be safe.

Has anyone else had this issue? Anything to check? Should I try turning off the motion detector to see if that's the issue?
Old August 16th, 2015, 9:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jholder
Hey guys- My Suburban alarm has been going off at random, when parked and locked. Can just be at my office parking lot, with nothing passing it, no vibrations, etc.

A friend had me all paranoid yesterday that I could have a mouse, as I do clothes collections often for a homeless ministry. But, I set traps all over it yesterday and let it sit all day and night and nothing. Thought it could be the motion detector.

Also replaced the fob battery just to be safe.

Has anyone else had this issue? Anything to check? Should I try turning off the motion detector to see if that's the issue?

Did you ever get this resolved? We have a 2013 Suburban and wife has the same thing happening.