Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Chevrolet suburban wireless charging q

Search this Thread

Old April 13th, 2015, 7:34 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read my post about the plug in antenna that will sit in the case. If you use that
The wireless charger does work with my iPhone 6. It's works quite well.
My dog and bones set up did not.
Old December 14th, 2015, 1:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default Wireless Charger

Is the rubber mat difficult to take off the wireless charger? My Qi enabled device is not working on the wireless charger. It works fine with the one it came with.

Here is another question off this topic. Usually Bose speakers say Bose on them and I noticed that my speakers do not. The vehicle is supposed to have Bose speakers. It is a 2016 Suburban.

Thanks
Old December 15th, 2015, 12:33 AM
CF Senior Member

Not difficult to remove. It held in place by the sides being tucked in and 2 nipples if you will. It will pry off. My dog and bones charging system did not work with removal of the mat either. A simple antenna plugged into the bottom of the iPhone and I was gtg. Wife's Galaxy 6 edge works without any problems

I just picked up my 16 Tahoe. I didn't look for the Bose markings

Speakers mounted to front doors say Bose.

Last edited by blueinterceptor; December 15th, 2015 at 7:51 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 10:04 AM
CF Beginner

you have 2 distinct problems with wireless charging in GM vehicles. I also use a case on my S8+.

#1 the GM pad is almost 2mm thick, this makes wireless charging difficult and less effective.
I replace the rubber pad with a leather like material, minimize this thickness.

#2 the charger is installed to far forward for larger, phones to charge.
If you remove the outer bezel you can see how to remove and modify the charger Pad to accept larger phones, maximize phone width 3.1 inches. by moving the charger positon all the way to the back of the Bezel.

Last edited by SSpinball; October 23rd, 2017 at 12:27 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 11:51 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would not have added this option or paid for it, but since it came with the vehicle I thought it would be great. Unfortunately, GM's implementation of this feature sucks. If you have a Samsung Galaxy 6-8 of any flavor and place it bare into the cradle, it works fine. Unfortunately, like most people who want their phones to last, we use cases on ours and they are just big enough to prevent the phones from sitting flat in the cradle rendering this charger useless unless we want to go through the trouble of prying the phone out of the case each time. I also don't understand why GM forces the phone to be hardwire connected in order to use AndroidAuto and not over bluetooth. Would be so much easier not to have to remember to plug in before I want to use Google Maps as I sometimes find myself needing it once already driving. Fumbling around with my phone seems far more dangerous than any issues with having it connect via bluetooth. I really wonder if these engineers that design this stuff ever really use it in the real world.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 12:31 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Miami Son
I would not have added this option or paid for it, but since it came with the vehicle I thought it would be great. Unfortunately, GM's implementation of this feature sucks. If you have a Samsung Galaxy 6-8 of any flavor and place it bare into the cradle, it works fine. Unfortunately, like most people who want their phones to last, we use cases on ours and they are just big enough to prevent the phones from sitting flat in the cradle rendering this charger useless unless we want to go through the trouble of prying the phone out of the case each time. I also don't understand why GM forces the phone to be hardwire connected in order to use AndroidAuto and not over bluetooth. Would be so much easier not to have to remember to plug in before I want to use Google Maps as I sometimes find myself needing it once already driving. Fumbling around with my phone seems far more dangerous than any issues with having it connect via bluetooth. I really wonder if these engineers that design this stuff ever really use it in the real world.
The USB required is controlled by Android Auto, (they are working on wireless solution)
I use ​ use​​ a case on my S8+ and charge wireless, no problem see above. ​I

Last edited by SSpinball; October 23rd, 2017 at 12:33 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 1:34 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did you remove the bezel?
Old October 31st, 2017, 3:26 PM
CF Beginner

remove console lid, bottom cover with trim tools, it just clips on.
remove 9 screws holding the outer bezel down. remove remove rubber mat , and adjust/remove as needed for your phone.