Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Stabilitrak problems

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2020, 6:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Tahoe Z71

I have the screen periodically going on and off when I crank it and sometimes itll come on and sometimes it glitch on and off for 5 min. My backup camera stopped working over a year ago and randomly have had the stabltrak going stupid. I had a local shop that seemed to have fixed that with the control arms throwing the code but doesnt explain the radio and nav. Anybody have any suggestions? I have replaced all the fuses and checked inside fuses, under dash on the driver side and completely undid the hatch to check the wiring to the camera and it shows no problems.
Old January 16th, 2020, 11:27 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ARG2015
I am experiencing the same thing with my 2015 Suburban LTZ. At low speeds, stabilitrac warning followed by instrument panel and radio turning off, power steering disables and vehicle shuts off. MOST of the time it flashes and all comes right back on. Ocasionally I have to pull over and restart my car. Battery has been diagnosed as still working, but looks like I may need to replace it anyway? Anyone else have any sure fix from a dealership?

Took my Suburban into the local dealership, they have "determined" it is the positive battery cable and fuse box (I think that is what he spouted off to me) a little over $300 to fix. We will see if that solves the issue...
Old February 23rd, 2020, 5:48 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone ever encountered any of these issues with the combination of the transmission not going in to gear? OR having to press the keyless start button a second time after the engine starts, but not having any of the gauges working on the dash? Having issues with my 2019 Yukon and the dealership can't figure it out. Been in the second time for the same symptoms. Have owned it for 2 and a half months so far.
Old October 14th, 2023, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilitrak chevy taheo LT

Originally Posted by ac1
Thanks, I'll try the battery today. I had it checked fairly recently at Autozone and it got a clean bill of health but I'll change/upgrade it anyway. (update: I installed a Duralast Platinum H7-AGM, 850CCA/1000A nominal)

I think the manufacturer has a duty to address a design mistake, if that is the case, in the electrical distribution system that impacts stability control, steering, brakes, and even continued operation of the engine. There are already a few mentions of this issue in the NHTSA complaints section. I'll log some data and look at adding my voice. This thread has been viewed more than 31k times so we can infer that these aren't isolated problems.
Have same problem my heads lights go dim lose power while turning have to be very careful when that happens a/c power comes back up this have to be a recall on this matter
Old October 14th, 2023, 10:49 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by I4got
Have same problem my heads lights go dim lose power while turning have to be very careful when that happens a/c power comes back up this have to be a recall on this matter
Check your grounding connections, G218 on the driver's side top of the dashboard, as well as the MAIN battery grounding location on the FRAME behind the wheel well liner (fabric thing) at the passenger side front of the vehicle.

Reference these GM TSB's as well;

18-NA-161
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...68185-9999.pdf

20-NA-212
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...83210-9999.pdf
The following users liked this post:
I4got (October 14th, 2023)
Old October 14th, 2023, 12:21 PM
ac1
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I4got
This just happened to me again. I got a variety of error messages over time. The main issue was the electric power steering cutting out at low speed during turns. I also got Stabiltrak messages and the engine even completely shut off once. Although the battery tested fine at Autozone again, replacing it solved the problem. It appears this is a 4 year issue. I have a 2015 Suburban 4WD LT with heavy duty towing . The problem first occurred in August 2019 and just happened again in August 2023. Both times I replaced the battery with a "Duralast Platinum AGM Battery" and the symptoms went away.

Last edited by ac1; October 20th, 2023 at 7:06 PM.
Old October 19th, 2023, 10:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2016 Suburban LT

Good evening, I have a 2016 Suburban and randomly have no brakes. The pedal is at top and I can't push it to stop. Brakes have been checked several times by Les Schwab Tire. Brake fluid is full. Tonight was a very close call. The truck ripped the steering wheel out of my hand and truck shut off briefly. I also had no brakes again. I can't drive this Suburban any longer like this with 6 children. Has anyone else had this happen?
Old October 20th, 2023, 9:42 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Danniyelle
Good evening, I have a 2016 Suburban and randomly have no brakes. The pedal is at top and I can't push it to stop. Brakes have been checked several times by Les Schwab Tire. Brake fluid is full. Tonight was a very close call. The truck ripped the steering wheel out of my hand and truck shut off briefly. I also had no brakes again. I can't drive this Suburban any longer like this with 6 children. Has anyone else had this happen?
Reference these GM TSB's;

18-NA-161
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...68185-9999.pdf

20-NA-212
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...83210-9999.pdf
Old October 20th, 2023, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 615 Likes on 556 Posts

@Danniyelle
This is a topic about stabilitrak. Please do not piggyback on it. You need to make a new post with your question, and make sure you include all relevant details. Thanks.
Old October 20th, 2023, 11:57 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
@Danniyelle
This is a topic about stabilitrak. Please do not piggyback on it. You need to make a new post with your question, and make sure you include all relevant details. Thanks.
At least one of her concerns relates in regards to the electric rack pulling the steering wheel away from her hands - see the TSBs referenced above.

Quick Reply: 2015 Stabilitrak problems