2015 suburban ltz suspension issues - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 suburban ltz suspension issues

Old October 9th, 2018, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2015 suburban ltz suspension issues

Started off with the magnaride shocks going bad. Weíve replaced them. Now when I turn I have lots of knocking noises. Iíve taken to two different places. One says they couldnít find where the noise is coming from. Second place says itís a bad lower ball joint and also rack and pinion locking up. It steers fine, no roughness just the noises. My husband and dad took the wheels off the front, to their belief the ball joint is not bad. We did notice however that the wheel is hitting the control arm, there is wear on the arm where something is making contact. However we donít feel thatís where all the noise is coming from. The same noise is heard when coming to a stop. Breaks are new. No issues there. However it is odd that the front passenger wheel has lots of break dust and this is where the most sound is coming from. He ordered new lower ball joints for both front wheels. Keep in mind itís not 4wd. Everything seems right and secure with the suspension. What in this world could be happening? We canít get a straight answer from anyone. This thing is a big headache and the parts for the ltz model are not cheap or easy to find. We did notice there was some pretty bad wear on my fairly new tires on the inside almost as if the tires are leaning in at the top. Maybe I need an alignment? My hard headed husband says no because it doesnít pull like itís out of line. Rides fine. Itís quite embarrassing to ride around in a $60k vehicle and every turn itís steadily knocking. Iím nervous to keep taking it to be looked at when no one can agree. Can someone please tell me where to start? What to ask the technicians so they know where to start looking. I want to blow this damn vehicle up Iím so sick of it.
Thanks yíall!
Old October 10th, 2018, 8:54 AM
CF Beginner

Sorry to hear of the issues. These things can be frustrating at times! Subscribed and hoping you find the solution soon.
Old October 10th, 2018, 9:11 AM
CF Addict

You definitely need an alignment. You said a wheel is hitting the control arm which sounds like this is your problem. Excessive brake dust on the passenger wheel is also a sign that something is wrong. Try and find the cause of the wheel hitting and that should solve your problem.
Old October 10th, 2018, 10:04 AM
CF Beginner

Not refuting it needs an alignment, but she stated it happens when coming to a stop likely driving in a straight line so the tire wouldnít be rubbing causing that noise. Nonetheless, hoping for a resolution.
Old October 10th, 2018, 11:57 AM
CF Addict

She also said that it makes knocking noises when turning. Applying the brakes could stopping going straight could cause the wheel to wobble a little and it is known that the wheel is rubbing, so this is a good starting point and it needs to be repaired anyway!

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: