Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Suburban Start Issue - Single Click

Search this Thread

Old June 16th, 2019, 8:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Suburban Start Issue - Single Click

Hello all,

I'm sure the title of this thread makes you think "what a dweeb, clearly he hasn't searched for the answer to his issue!" but believe me, I've spent hours searching and trying different fixes. Moving on.

Issue:
A few months ago truck would not start, just gave a single click as nothing else. Figured one of my kids left a light on our something and the battery was dead. After a longer-than-usual jump start it finally turned over. Drove it around for quite a few miles ahs stopped at a client's house figuring it was juiced enough to start again. Same thing happened when I went to leave, single click then nothing. He jumped me which again took longer than expected. Got home, charged the battery overnight and didn't have the issue again. Until a few weeks ago. Was at Farm and Fleet and truck wouldn't start, single click. Tried jumping and single click. Tried jumping with a different vehicle and single click. Towed the truck home and charged battery overnight and subtle click. Tried different battery and single click. Swapped out the starter and that didn't help. Swapped relays and that didn't help. Park/neutral switch appears to be operational from what I've been told. I've checked all the grounds, removed and tightened all connections. Battery has been unhooked for days and then reconnected with no luck. Possibly the anti-theft is malfunctioning?

My apologies for the novel, but I'm trying to detail everything as best I can.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated, the wife wants her truck back....

Thank you!

-Bryan
Old June 17th, 2019, 7:48 PM
CF Beginner

Will your dash lights and such come on? Your radio? Did you check to see if power is going to the starter?
Old June 20th, 2019, 6:50 PM
CF Beginner

Everything powers up properly and I can feel the starter trying to kick in. I was told to check the neutral safety switch but I don't know where exactly it's located. Attached to the transmission?