Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Tahoe gas leak?

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2019, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Tahoe gas leak?

On January 1st, my transmission went out again. Last year entire tranny replaced. This year, one gear after they told me a clamp was missing from the hose. Fixed and got it back on the 4th of January. On the 17th of this month, I was getting into my tahoe at work, smelled fuel, and noticed some fuel on the wet pavement beneath my car. Wasn't for sure it was from me, but I was worried. Parked outside until today. I filled up after church, and put it in the garage. 2 hours later my husband told me to take it out...immense smell of fuel in the garage. Since my car was dripping over the drain and snow melted with it, unable to tell how much.

1. Could this have occurred at the shop during repairs?
2. If not, why is a 2015 leaking fuel?

Taking to the dealer tomorrow. I am at 76000 miles.

Help?
Old January 21st, 2019, 6:41 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Linda Atkinson
On January 1st, my transmission went out again. Last year entire tranny replaced. This year, one gear after they told me a clamp was missing from the hose. Fixed and got it back on the 4th of January. On the 17th of this month, I was getting into my tahoe at work, smelled fuel, and noticed some fuel on the wet pavement beneath my car. Wasn't for sure it was from me, but I was worried. Parked outside until today. I filled up after church, and put it in the garage. 2 hours later my husband told me to take it out...immense smell of fuel in the garage. Since my car was dripping over the drain and snow melted with it, unable to tell how much.

1. Could this have occurred at the shop during repairs?
2. If not, why is a 2015 leaking fuel?

Taking to the dealer tomorrow. I am at 76000 miles.

Help?
Yes, some shops have subpar mechanics.

The fuel could be coming from may places..
Old January 21st, 2019, 6:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Follow up to gas leak

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
Yes, some shops have subpar mechanics.

The fuel could be coming from may places..
As many have found, gas line rubbing...poor design. Pinhole leak. Dealer was kind enough to splice. $260 with an oil change. Keeping papers in case their is a class action suit on this repair. They even stated they adjusted the line so as not to rub anymore. Happy with the transaction and dealer.
Old January 22nd, 2019, 8:04 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Linda Atkinson
As many have found, gas line rubbing...poor design. Pinhole leak. Dealer was kind enough to splice. $260 with an oil change. Keeping papers in case their is a class action suit on this repair. They even stated they adjusted the line so as not to rub anymore. Happy with the transaction and dealer.
Likely the shop had to drop the tank for access. Too bad most manufacturers do not engineer-in an access plate for access to the stuff on top of the tank.