Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 tahoes and suburbans

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2014, 6:53 PM
Administrator

Received 159 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by blueinterceptor
Non irs
It will be interesting to see how they achieved fold-flat rear seats w/o IRS. Ford said that's how they were able to do it. My wife's Sequoia has fold-flat seats and IRS.
Old February 16th, 2014, 7:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From pictures I saw, there is a step up in the rear that the seats fold into and provides a stowage space like the old 95 suburban. Good for hitches and such, but probably makes it harder to fit big boxes or furniture in the back. Looking forward to getting a measurement.
Old February 17th, 2014, 8:25 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

The Auto Nation formally known as Champion Chevrolet that I got my 07 at shows the 2015's in stock and on the lot... I'll have to go check them out this week and take a test drive...
Browse AutoNation's New & Used Inventory | AutoNation
Old February 23rd, 2014, 11:21 AM
Administrator

I didn't get to check them out this week , but have already seen a couple on the road, a silver one that drove past us looked pretty good, the wife's appraisal was that it has a boxy Land Rover look to it....
Old February 24th, 2014, 9:41 PM
CF Senior Member

Well for those interested, I got to explore one today and drive one on wed or thurs. The fit on the truck was very nice. The dash is nice too. Very different set up but same instrumentation. Everything is backlit white instead of green. Lots of buttons to push. Some are small though.(I take this back) Maybe my fingers are too big. It was a fully loaded ltz. Ordinarily I can not use the sunroof because my head is touching but these seats sunk way low. Engine was exceptionally quiet.
The edges of the dash where it meets other parts of the car has a white haze to it. I was thinking glue stain. Led tail lights remind me of grand Cherokee as does the dashboard message center. Nav system is more detailed in its graphics. The 3rd row when up wipes out all but about 10 inches of cargo space. Chev did a very nice job overall.

Last edited by blueinterceptor; February 26th, 2014 at 9:39 PM. Reason: spelling and wrong sentiment regarding the sunroof
Old February 24th, 2014, 10:19 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the review blueinterceptor. Was curious about the new models.
Old February 25th, 2014, 7:42 AM
Administrator

Hate to hear of the small buttons , the engineers that design those poor features need to wear thick leather gloves and try and operate those buttons...

Here are some specs for the MPG from another forum...http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...atings-154001/
Old February 25th, 2014, 8:50 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 on wearing the gloves. The 07 and up toyota tundra was actually designed that way. they researched and developed it around the farm and construction worker. great minds think alike! the ***** and buttons are bigger and easier to use if you're wearing gloves. As far as MPG is concerned, 40+ would be super impressive (in any vehicle of this size). They would sell Ship loads more if it were that. Even the hybrid is only at 20/20 (not very impressive being a hybrid). I know the technology is out there...make it happen
Old February 26th, 2014, 9:38 PM
CF Senior Member

Default took a test drive today

first thing I am going to take back what I said about the small buttons. they are fine and will work fine with gloves. they are however spread around the trucks dash and door's trim. the car has excellent room. its super quiet and has some nice POWER. this truck moves. the tranny is quiet and shifts effortlessly. the truck also sounds impressive too. the rear windows roll completely down. the fold flat third row is nice. its nice not to lose the space or have to lug the seats around.
the hid's are very bright. it does suck that there will not be a split bench on the ltz.
steering was loose at lower speeds but tightened up when you went faster.
the power up and down with telescoping steering was something else.
nav is more detailed in its display.

overall chevy has a winner. suburbans are being built this week and should hit showrooms next month.
Old February 27th, 2014, 9:00 PM
Administrator

Here are some pictures and opinions on the new Tahoe Suburban...
First Drive: 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe/Suburban

Quick Reply: 2015 tahoes and suburbans