Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2016 suburban fog lights

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2016, 7:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 suburban fog lights

Wanted to add fog lights to A 2016 suburban LT , Just came from the dealer if I buy all the parts seperatly it would be $600. I know there's companies that sell kits ,?if anyone has gone through this process I can use some help
Thanks
Old March 10th, 2016, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW $600 ! I can understand why one would want things to look/be OEM on that new a vehicle, but...

One could buy just the housings/lights, run wire to a simple toggle switch under the dash, and connect it to the light/accessory/ign circuit (wherever it suits you) and come out a LOT under the above price !!!

And, no kit necessary. There's a lot more to be said about this IF you are going to do this yourself.

Last edited by SWHouston; March 10th, 2016 at 12:30 PM.
Old March 10th, 2016, 2:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like I'm going to take that route, I'm surprised there aren't companies that do kits
Old March 10th, 2016, 3:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are companies which would install them for you. 4WD places do lights like you want for vehicles all the time.

You just need to decide how OEM you want to be, ie...
With a package from GM, you'd probably get a real nice replacement switch which fits where the OEM switch is now in your dash. Probably one would need reasonable practical experience in wiring to accomplish this.

Or let a shop just go with the simple route (toggle switch, wire) and you furnish the lights/housing via GM.

This doesn't have to be very complicated at all, however the selection of where it draws power should be chosen carefully. Either off one of the Fuse Panels, and if not, make sure you have a Fuse Link somewhere in the circuit.

PS:
Fusing any electrical equipment is necessary. Specially if that circuit runs forward, which makes a short quite possible if there is a frontal collision. One may be able to drive away, if a fuse prevents sparks and a direct drain on his battery.

Last edited by SWHouston; March 11th, 2016 at 11:57 AM.