Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2016 Tahoe LTZ - Armrest Wireless Charging Pad

Search this Thread

Old April 7th, 2016, 7:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Tahoe LTZ - Armrest Wireless Charging Pad

I have a new phone which is capable of wireless charging, I have several wireless charging pads in the office and at home that work fine with the phone, but I cannot get the one in the Tahoe to work. Is there a switch or setting somewhere that activates it?
Old April 11th, 2016, 4:24 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just watched a video on youtube, put the phone on the charging pad screen up, and make sure its flat on the pad. If it doesn't get recognized by the vehicle, the turn it 180 degrees, still with the screen facing up. Hopefully that works. Good luck!
Old April 11th, 2016, 5:17 PM
CF Senior Member

Apple?
Old April 12th, 2016, 7:36 AM
CF Beginner

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7.

Works on the Samsung wireless charging puck I got for free from Best Buy, and also works with an Anker wireless charging pad I got from Amazon.

I've tried every position on the pad possible, even face down.
Old April 12th, 2016, 10:27 AM
CF Senior Member

Has it ever worked in your vehicle? Have you tried a different device? It may be a trip to the dealer to resolve the issue.
Old April 12th, 2016, 12:52 PM
CF Senior Member

My wife's Samsung 6 works great on the 16 and 15i. I use hers to trip the sensor and slide my iPhone 6 in to charge it.
Old April 13th, 2016, 7:01 AM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by blueinterceptor
My wife's Samsung 6 works great on the 16 and 15i. I use hers to trip the sensor and slide my iPhone 6 in to charge it.
I'm a little confused here, lol. So you have a 3rd party wireless charge on your iphone, correct?
Old April 13th, 2016, 1:51 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Typerod
Has it ever worked in your vehicle? Have you tried a different device? It may be a trip to the dealer to resolve the issue.
This is the first and only phone that I have that can wirelessly charge... I could try my wifes phone, but it is the same model as mine, so it would not net anything...
My phone wirelessly charges just fine everywhere else, just can't get this one to start.
Old April 13th, 2016, 6:34 PM
CF Senior Member

My iPhone will wirelessly charge if I add a qi antenna or case with antenna. Her Samsung 6 can start the process in my suburban and then I can slide my iPhone into the cradle. On the 16 it works fine.
Old May 14th, 2016, 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

I bought a new LTZ in December 2015 with the wireless charger. I went through several different phone cases until I found one that works. There are two predominate wireless charging technologies out there. Most cases support one or the other. This one supports both and works in the Suburban. Their website is: Wireless Charger ? iPhone Wireless Charging Case | BEZALEL

UPDATE: I just bought a Mophie case at Best Buy that works perfect in these vehicles. Here is the link to Mophies website: http://www.mophie.com/shop/iphone-6/...eless-iphone-6

Last edited by dschuffert; June 26th, 2016 at 1:18 PM. Reason: Updated content.