Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2017 Suburban MyLink questions

Search this Thread

Old September 28th, 2022, 9:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Suburban MyLink questions

I recently bought a 2017 Suburban Premier. I have a few questions about the dashboard and the MyLink software that I cannot find in the manual or by googling. Hoping this forum can help me out!

1. What does the WiFi option do? I can connect to my home wifi when parked on the driveway. I cannot get it to detect my iPhone's personal hotspot tho. But what do I get for connecting to the WiFi? I went into the "Shop" option in the menu, and tried downloading Pandora and The Weather Channel but both downloads failed. (P.S. I do not have Onstar, if that makes a difference)

2. How do I update the Nav maps? It seems literally every speed limit the map (and dash) show are incorrect, I guess my town re-did speed limits on a lot of surface roads since 2017?

3. Related: Is there a way to update the MyLink software at all? When I go into the menus (with my home wifi connected on the driveway), there's an option to "Save Vehicle Info To USB" but all that does is save an XML file with seemingly just some software versions and VIN number to the USB stick, unclear what the use is for that.

4. What does the "Media" dashboard layout configuration do? It just limits info to the bottom half with an ugly icon taking up the top half. Should I expect that top half to display something more interesting, let's say display media?

Hopefully this community can shed some light on these oh-so important questions!

-Leto
Austin, TX

Last edited by Leto; September 28th, 2022 at 11:40 AM.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 11:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear your pain, I just purchased a 2016 LTZ and have had a nightmare with all of the same issues because the owner manual is a joke. Learned more on YouTube video's than anything else. I could not get the SirusXM radio option to even show up on MEDIA until I found it in the driver display by accident looking to change fuel used and miles options. I enabled XM on that display and it appeared on MY Link from them on. Those little up and down arrows on the steering wheel have all the options if you can find them.
Good luck brother!