Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2017 Suburban wheel options

Search this Thread

Old July 24th, 2017, 4:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Suburban wheel options

Buying question here... I found a Suburban with the color combo and options that i'm looking with the exception of the wheels. The car in question has 22" wheels that run $2,495, the ones I want are 22" but run $2,900. Would a dealer be able to just swap those out for the difference between the two options ($405) or am I going to have to pay the full $2,900?
Old July 25th, 2017, 12:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@peterlandler

I've seen it done many times. the short answer to your questions, it "yes" they can swap out. The long answer is that 1) they need to have access to the rims you want and 2) they need to be very, very motivated to sell you a vehicle. Here's my tip, negotiate like crazy between multiple dealers. Then, when you get a deal you want, tell the dealer that you'll buy it today if it comes with the other set of 22s that you want. If they say no, go to the other dealer and say, "I'd like to buy it from you, but the other dealer I am working with says they will sell the rig at the same price and swap the wheels out for me". That is the best way to do it. You should find someone to take the deal. Best to find a dealer with a crap load of Burbs on the lot.