Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2017 Tahoe - Fuel Neck Repair

Search this Thread

Old June 26th, 2019, 9:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Tahoe - Fuel Neck Repair

HI all...

New member here with a question.

The wife's 2017 Tahoe check engine light came on, and the truck was running sluggish. Took it to the shop, and they came back to us and noted that the fuel neck needs to be replaced.

The problem with that is apparently it is a known issue, and the part is very hard to come by. the repair shop stated that it could be 3 days, 3 weeks, or even 3 months before they get the part in.

My question is that has anyone heard of this problem? Is there a TSB out there for it? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance!
Old June 26th, 2019, 10:12 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

No longer under warranty?

What was the OBDII code? Most auto parts stores will read the codes for free.

The assembly that feeds that fuel tank on this model appears to be readily available. I don't see a broken fuel neck causing it to run sluggish though.
Old June 26th, 2019, 10:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KChevy75
No longer under warranty?

What was the OBDII code? Most auto parts stores will read the codes for free.

The assembly that feeds that fuel tank on this model appears to be readily available. I don't see a broken fuel neck causing it to run sluggish though.
Yes... it is still under warranty.

I wasn't there when the car was dropped off, and the shop didn't share the OBIEE Code with my wife.

What scared me the most was them saying that they have no idea as to when the necessary part will be in stock, and with a possible backlog on the part, and the fact that my wife was told that this is a known issue, I was thinking that someone else out there has some insight as to what the problem is.
Old June 26th, 2019, 8:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

post the repair order tech comments. Is the tsb# mentioned?

I'm with kchevy75. A fuel filler neck should have no impact on engine operation. the tank vents through the evap cannister...as long as that is clear it should run fine. tank must vent when the fuel pump is pumping fuel or it will collapse.