Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2017 Tahoe Shakes when in park or stopped and in drive

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2018, 2:22 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Tahoe Shakes when in park or stopped and in drive

2017 Chevy Tahoe vibrates/shakes when in park or when stopped at a red light, etc. Have brought it in to the dealer and had motor mounts adjusted, no change. First noticed vibration when stopped about 7 months after vehicle purchased. Never would have purchased if it shook like it does during test drive. Dealer says this is normal and most people get used it. Entire vehicle shudders and does not feel normal at all. When I brought it in the dealership said they don't even fell it. I had to meet with them and take a test drive to see if problem could be duplicated. It was within 5 minutes, service tech felt shaking, but said it's normal.
Old May 10th, 2018, 6:55 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Test drive a Model X No vibration at all 0-155 mph.
Old May 11th, 2018, 1:11 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

alpearso: Welcome to the forum.

Ask the dealer to let you take a test drive in another 2017 Tahoe to see if it shakes. If it's normal then it should shake, right?
Old May 13th, 2018, 11:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear it is still happening on the 17s. We had a 15 that did that. It scared my wife so bad (it was her daily driver and she was afraid it was going to shut off - it never did) There were (are) two TSBs on that issue. One was to "adjust" (loosen & re-tighten) the engine mounts and the other to remove inner fender liner, loosen engine mount and raise engine enough to slip two washers between mount and frame, re-tighten and put everything back. I think you feel it due to the engine vibrating enough that the engine mount actually bottoms out and hit frame. The washer TSB lifts the mount enough so that does not happen. After two visits where dealer said they could not duplicate the issue, I printed both TSBs as well as some conversations from a GM Tech site on the issue, took to dealer as asked they just keep it till it happens again. Within an hour they called and advised it did it in the service lane and they were going to apply the TSB with the washers. Be advised this "fix" did not address the cause of the symptom, it did help but not totally eliminate the symptom (vibration). We ended up trading the 15 for a 17 Honda Pilot Elite. My wife still liked her Tahoe, and I was considering looking for another. I did look on a GM parts site on the "internet" and see that the left front engine mount on the 17 has a different part number than the 15 & 16. I had thought maybe they had fixed the vibration issue. Sounds like they have not.
Be advised it also happens on Escalade & Yucon.
I'm sorry I no longer have the TSB #s but if you google the Tahoe vibrates at idle you can find them.