Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2021 Burb Headlight Adjustment Not Working

Search this Thread

Old January 18th, 2023, 5:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2021 Burb Headlight Adjustment Not Working

Hey everyone ,

My wife and I just picked up a 21 Burb Premiere last weekend that is just out of warranty. She has been driving it but last night I noticed while driving that the left headlamp was pointed way too far down. When I got home I tried to see if I could adjust it but it does not adjust any higher. I can see the cog mechanism turning when I turn the screw but nothing's happening with the light.

I read on some older Silverado forms last night that the adjustment mechanism may be fairly easy to remove and inspect and possibly get realigned, but I haven't found anything for the late model Burbs. I won't have an opportunity to look at this until this weekend, but does anyone know if that's possible on this model or will I be stuck replacing the headlamp assembly?
I'm still scratching my head at how a 2-year-old vehicle can already have a headlamp out of adjustment and possibly broken. But then again I've found a couple of minor issues that I really don't understand based on vehicle age either.
Old February 16th, 2023, 2:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same Problem

I own a 2021 Suburban and I have the same problem with the right headlight, out of nowhere the light goes down, I just took it today and they tell me that the headlight adjuster is broken and what to replace completely 2000 dlls for a new one, have you already found a solution?
Old February 17th, 2023, 8:43 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

don't get it replaced by the dealership. headlights are amongst one of the easiest things to replace save your money and replace it yourself. remember... you can always watch a YouTube video to get a better understanding of what to do. use the information on the internet to your advantage.

here is a good link for a headlight.
https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-pa...ODUwMDQxNDQ%3D

hope this helped!
Old February 17th, 2023, 8:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

if you go for an aftermarket lens assembly...make sure the adjustment screws are accessible when the headlamp is installed.
Old February 17th, 2023, 8:49 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by tech2
if you go for an aftermarket lens assembly...make sure the adjustment screws are accessible when the headlamp is installed.
I'm pretty sure that gmpartsdirect uses OEM parts. but I'm not sure.
Old February 21st, 2023, 5:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carlosolivas2
I own a 2021 Suburban and I have the same problem with the right headlight, out of nowhere the light goes down, I just took it today and they tell me that the headlight adjuster is broken and what to replace completely 2000 dlls for a new one, have you already found a solution?
Sorry for taking so long to respond, but I just got this resolved yesterday. The local dealership quoted me $1647 to replace the light which is outrageous. I asked the service department if Chevy would offer a good faith repair since the vehicle is only two years old and there's no way that the light isn't a manufacturer issue, and the service advisor I worked with reached out to corporate for what they called "assistance". I don't know what assistance means but I only paid $329 to have the light replaced.

I would talk to your local dealership and plead your case and see if you can get them to provide a good faith repair or whatever this assistance is.
The following users liked this post:
toddgodfrey (December 7th, 2023)
Old February 21st, 2023, 7:38 AM
CF Junior Member

well, that's one way to get it done. Good job.
Old February 22nd, 2023, 8:37 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Burb4HaulinDogs
The local dealership quoted me $1647 to replace the light which is outrageous.
Gotta love those dealerships !!!!

When we got the air bag recall replacement done on our 2014 Yukon with 77K miles, we were handed a $1750 "quote" for "necessary services. I doubt dealership even raised the hood (I forgot to put some Scotch tape on it to confirm that). Since we'd purchased that 2014 recently, we had the CarFax report on it (not that I'm a huge fan of CarFax) and it listed services done 2 months earlier that the dealership quoted again.

Last summer, had a recall repair done at dealer on my 2004 Frontier, and the only upsell they asked was whether I wanted a car wash.
Old February 22nd, 2023, 8:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

what did they quote?
Old February 22nd, 2023, 9:04 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
what did they quote?
the dealer supplied a repair estimate (below), based on age and odometer reading; note that the differentials, transmission, oil/filter had all been changed in November 2022, as had been the entire radiator and coolant.
4X4 Fluid Service $360
Battery service $50
Brake flush $145
Coolant flush $160
Engine Air Filter $60
Transmission Flush $265
3 Pack Fuel $340
Alignment - 4 wheel $130
Oil change $90

Note that for accuracy, each of the prices shown above were rounded up a nickel, and total was $1746 including shop charges of $68.71 and tax of $77.82.

Of course, none of that will be getting done. It seems that they measured tread of the tires and thickness of the brake pads (all 7mm) but I knew that already as I'd pulled the wheels last month to check, when I found out that the supplied lug wrench (22mm) was incorrect size and that 19mm was needed.

Quick Reply: 2021 Burb Headlight Adjustment Not Working