Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

22" on the Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old November 30th, 2007 | 9:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Default 22" on the Tahoe

Hi guys I just put 22" on my 07 tahoe and i was wondering if i need to take it to the dealer so that they can flash the computer since i know longer have 17"....... and if so how much is it???? Thanks in advance.........
Old November 30th, 2007 | 10:25 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 22" on the Tahoe

Also I did not put the tire pressure sensors on and i was expecting for the little light to light upbut it did not..... Anybody know why????
Old November 30th, 2007 | 10:50 PM
e
CF Senior Member

I would have the dealer reprogram the new size, and give it a few more miles, the little ugly light will show up
Old November 30th, 2007 | 11:59 PM
CF Veteran

ORIGINAL: e

I would have the dealer reprogram the new size, and give it a few more miles, the little ugly light will show up
+1
Old December 1st, 2007 | 12:57 PM
CF Beginner

Do you still have the 18's you might want to sell. I have a 96 Tahoe? Thanks. Any pictures after the 22's? Dave
Old December 1st, 2007 | 6:06 PM
CF Junior Member

I have been driving it for about 70 miles maybe and the light hasnt light up.... should i be concern or will it be after a few more miles...... was it the same for you guys too???Andare anyaftermarket Tire Pressure Sensor compatible with the tahoe???? If not what should i be looking for??? And if I do go aftermarket tire pressure sensors will there be a problem relearning the tire position meaning do i have to do something special or can i just do what the manual says and it will just work???? Sorry for all the question guys this are my first set of rims i get for a car.... And decided to go crazy on the tahoe with mods..... Thanks in advance....
Old December 1st, 2007 | 7:32 PM
CF Active Member

I could be wrong but shouldn't he be able to use the factory TPMS stems on his aftermarket rims?
Old December 1st, 2007 | 8:08 PM
e
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: jophilpott

I could be wrong but shouldn't he be able to use the factory TPMS stems on his aftermarket rims?
Most of the newer style rims are being made to accept TPMS. However not all wheels at this time accept them. I'm not to sure if there any aftermarket sensors that could be used with the GM system.

The wheels we select do offer the mounting area to accept TPMS. Before too long it will becomemandatory or unlawfull to disable the TPMS systems in newer vehicles. They have been trying for many years to get this plan into effect but it keeps getting pushed back, but it is coming......
Old December 1st, 2007 | 8:53 PM
CF Junior Member

What would cause for the stock tire pressure sensor to not fit the new wheel????
Old December 2nd, 2007 | 7:49 PM
Administrator

The detail of the interior design of the wheel might preclude the fitment of the TPMS.