Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2nd row seats

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2011, 8:12 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by SUB 08
I have a 2008 Suburban LT and would like to convert the 2nd row bench seat to bucket seats. Is there any mod needed or can I just remove the bench seat and install the bucket seats?
Probably trade my bench seat for bucket seats or if I can find some in eBay, (light titanium leather). raulc63@yahoo.com
See Post #5 in this thread.
Old January 24th, 2011, 10:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bench seat needed

I have a 2006 Chevy Suburban LTZ with Medium Gray leather interior seats. I have bucket seats in the second row, but I am needing a bench seat to place as my second row. (a 60/40 would be fine as well)

Does anyone out there have one for sale or know where I can get one????

Please contact me via email @ richardmay1974@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance and don't forget to wear your Bowtie....
Old January 24th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

I think a 70/30 is the only option due to the way the seat tumbles and folds to allow entry to third row.
Old January 28th, 2011, 9:59 AM
CF Beginner

I'm working out a deal on 08 burb with second row buckets and I want the bench. I'm sure the year difference is no big deal. I'm in South Dakota.
Old August 21st, 2011, 5:56 PM
CF Beginner

Did you get the vehicle? Still have buckets and looking for a bench? Let me know!!
Old August 22nd, 2011, 7:55 AM
CF Beginner

Default Removal of Bench Seat

I have removed the 60 portion of my 2nd row bench seat in my 07 Suburban. Having 3 young ones, we keep 1 in the remaining 40 portion of the bench, and 2 in the 3rd row, leaving the floor open. Removal of the bench is easy, as long as you have help to get it out. There are 6-8 bolts and a plug for the 'fold and tumble' option. When you remove the false floor panel, and find the bolts and plugs, it will remove the seat, bracket, springs, motor, etc all as one piece. I would love to trade this for a bucket seat...Black leather, like new, SW Ohio. In the meantime (now 3 years) it's been in my basement, the open floor is excellent, the false floor piece covers the bolts and access through the side door is huge w/o that giant always folded up seat that blocks the driver seat from sliding back easily!!
Old October 11th, 2012, 11:04 AM
CF Beginner

Exclamation Replacing bench seat with bucket seats in 2008 Suburban

I'm looking to replace our second row bench seat with bucket seats. It's for an 08 Suburban, Titanium leather. I've done research on this, called a dealership and everything. Yes, you can replace them. Super easy. All you need are the bucket seats, you can order the leather covers from any Chevy or GMC dealership so it doesn't matter if you find cloth or the wrong color leather. You can also order the bolts/parts you need to install the new bucket seats since obviously the bolt locations are slightly different than the bench. You can order the carpet cover piece that matches the bucket seating as well. If anyone has bucket seats they would like to get rid of, we would gladly trade our bench seat for them. THANKS!
Old February 27th, 2013, 12:12 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by DrewmanG
I took the dive and removed the 60% side of my 2nd row bench out of my 07 Suburban. Easy. Took 15 minutes, and that included vacuuming the floor under the brackets. I needed it out of the way for a road trip with our 3 little ones (2 in the 3rd row) 1 in the remaining 2nd row. Would be interested in trading the bench for 2nd row captains, my interior is like new (always folded), black leather. If anyone needs some help removing 2nd row seat, let me know. Thanks to all...
where are you located? i have captain chairs, black leather in 2007 Suburban. I would like to swap for a bench.
Old February 27th, 2013, 8:22 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by shar79966
where are you located? i have captain chairs, black leather in 2007 Suburban. I would like to swap for a bench.
I am in Cincinnati, OH, where are you located? The black leather bench is still new, It's been in my basement! You can email me directly at drewmang@gmail.com.
Old March 9th, 2013, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2nd Row Bench for Bucket - black leather

Originally Posted by mikey_1412
I am looking to swap or buy a second row bench for my 2007 suburban. Would need to be black leather. My seats are heated and have the electric fold and tumble option. If anyone is interested let me know. I am located in Little Rock Arkansas. But come this summer will be headed west to Vegas and would be willing to meet up. Thanks
I have a black leather bench out of a 2007 Suburban, in perfect shape. Would love to trade for your black leather bucket seat. The swap is easy - mine is also power fold and tumble, so it will plug right in! Email me at drewmang@gmail.com and see if we can figure it out - I am in Cincinnati, but work in logistics, so maybe shipping is an option!

Quick Reply: 2nd row seats