Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

5.3 Tahoe Misfire

Search this Thread

Old February 29th, 2016, 2:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 Tahoe Misfire

I have a 2003 Tahoe with 141000 miles on it. I have a misfire while driving. It idles with no misfires, but while driving I get multiple misfires on bank 2 with most of them on cylinder 6. I've replace the O2 sensor because of codes. I've replaced the MAF for intermittent operation. I've swapped injectors, plugs, wires, and coils around on motor trying to get the misfire to move but no luck. I have 170psi compression on all cylinders on that bank. What else could cause misfires on one bank but not the other? It seems to miss at high engine speeds while accelerating. I replaced intake manifold gasket because I've heard there were problems with them.
***UPDATE*** I found that the intake valve on cylinder 6 in not fully opening because of a worn cam lobe.

Last edited by JeffGascon; November 7th, 2016 at 1:39 PM. Reason: More information