Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

92 burban questions

Search this Thread

Old February 29th, 2012, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 burban questions

So I posted in the newb section and now I have some questions I would like answered. Now this is where my questions start:
1. I have done NOTHING to this truck except put JB injector cleaner in it (about 150miles ago)

2. I have been driving it for the last few days and it studers at idle.

3. It seems to only be getting about 12mpg. I believe that this thing should get better than that with nice driving.

All of these things I want to fix. I have a FULL tune up planed for this weekend and I am hoping that will take care of the studder and a little bit of the mileage.

1.What are others getting is similar suburbans?

2. what else can I do for better mileage?

3. Are 13 city 17 highway realistic numbers, high or low? (1993 GMC C1500 SUBURBAN - MPG and Detailed Vehicle Information)

4. What do you think of the tire choice?

5. I was thinking of getting a set of 3/4 springs and an axle out of an 08 max with disks for the rear.

6. I am looking at the bridgestone airbags with the compressor for $500

7. Anything else I should of thought of that I didn't?
Sorry I know a lot of questions from a "Newb" but Easter Jeep Safari is in 4 weeks and I WILL be there. Feel free to comment on any of this. I will be looking around the site to try to get answers so as I find them I will modify my post.
Old April 4th, 2012, 2:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So my suburban is a 1990 with a 454 and I get 12-14 with the fuel hungry pig under the hood.... I would think that you should be able to manage 13-14 city and 17-18 freeway with the 350 in there.

You may want to clean the TBI and see if that helps also swap the fuel filter out as a start after the tune up.