Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

96 tahoe 2 Dr fuel pump fun

Search this Thread

Old December 26th, 2023, 9:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 tahoe 2 Dr fuel pump fun

Another 96 2 door with fuel pump.
Worked on my fuel system issue a lot. Much electrical testing. i grt good spark, good ground to frame groubd bolt. I shined that to bright metal before moving to test mode.
My pump is Delphi, from Parts Geek. it registers fuel gauge about right. I get no more than 18 psi. Now after days of trying this and that, disconnecting and clearing my lines, I get zero pressure. I set up a fresh 12 volt battery at the rear connector, while running inductive Amp clamp. I get whirring. I don't get pressure. However it most likely has lost all prime so how are you guys priming?

I have dropped tank, setting up a fuel line rubber hose to a test Schrader fitting fir my pressure tester. Just struggle with a fresh out of box Delphi doing zip.

Box appears genuine Delphi. Parts geek however has a ton of complainers. I am about ready to order a Delphi pump only from rockauto for my new Delphi assembly and see if I can turn this problem into a win.

In case others with more experience weigh in, it is dangerous near impossible to come up with pumps. Rockauto had one cheap choice. Parts Geek is all over offering these. Some other resellers on ebay, but they checked my VIN and told me I needed 4 door version that is round cylinder, no steel lines, no 3 pin connector.

My relay socket is beautiful. My wiring connector (body harness side) is also great. My truck is a rust free survivor. Voltage was good on the rear female side. I have not changed out the rear connector. I test by setting up jumpers to the gray wire and the ground lug, and hang a snap labscope with Amp clamp on the hot to see how I am doing. This is done at tank. I test relay same way with jumper wires where I can see voltages change.