Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

98 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old February 23rd, 2012, 5:06 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Tahoe

I have a 98 tahoe 4x4. I have recently had problems starting my tahoe (only every few days). When it would act up it would crank but not turn over on the first try (like usual). I let it sit for alomost a week and it would just keep cranking but wouldn't start. I replaced the Battery (it was bad). Still the same problem. I hear the fuel pump. Spark plugs and wires about a year old. And I also smell fuel after trying to start. Im thinking the spark is the problem but I dont know all I should check. Any suggestions?
Old December 26th, 2013, 8:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you check the coil for spark
Old December 27th, 2013, 2:01 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like you're not getting fuel to the motor. those were my first thoughts before you even mentioned that you smell fuel...so my next guess is theres a fuel leak somewhere. also check your fuel filter. it should be along the inside of the frame. be careful if your going to check the spark if there is a fuel leak because you might start a fire

might sound stupid but are you almost on E and are you parked on a hill?