Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

99 burb stuck in 4x4

Search this Thread

Old September 10th, 2017, 10:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 burb stuck in 4x4

I tried searching on here but couldn't really find much. I have a 99 Suburban I just picked up. shifted it in four-wheel-drive now it won't come out. The lights on the indicator don't really light up and it's only four wheel drive doesn't go into 4 Low. I've messed around with it a little bit and the only thing that I can find to make it go into 2 wheel drive is to pull the transfer case fuse and it shifts into 2, put it back in and it goes back into 4.does anybody possibly know what's causing this?
Old September 17th, 2017, 6:52 PM
CF Beginner

Man I thought I was the only one going through this. Do you have the slt?
Old September 17th, 2017, 7:09 PM
CF Beginner

Slt? The trim package? I think it's just LT I'd have to look. Got it to go back into 2wd think my problem lies in the push buttons. After startup and driving for a few miles the service 4wd light comes on. I'm going to change the tc fluid and try and find new switch at a wrecking yard. To get it to shift you gotta push and wiggle the button and hold it for it to finally shift.
Old September 17th, 2017, 9:39 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Pull the transfer case shift motor, go from there
Old September 22nd, 2017, 12:46 AM
CF Beginner

I found a different selector switch at a wrecking yard swapped it out and it seems to shift just fine the problem I'm seeing is that there is some solder on the circuit board that's broke that needs to be fixed