Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

AC Question on 07 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old September 3rd, 2007, 9:24 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Question on 07 Tahoe

I have an issue the dealer cannot replicate and I was wondering if anyone else has had the issue.

If Im driving my Tahoe and I stop to get gas and put in 5.00 or 50.00 doesnt matter and then I start my car back up and go to the drive thru car wash... IMMEDIATELY the recycle AC button will flash and turn off and my AC will blow HOT humid air and the AC doesnt cool at all. I have to turn my engine off and on a few times for it to quit.. Its so bad my wife feels likes shes going to sufficate and she will exit while the car wash is going. Although this is comical to watch my wife run out with the wash going its becoming a F-ing Drag for me and the kids. Chevy cant find anything or any codes wrong with the AC. I cant stand this issue. I was hoping someone else has seen it happen. Thanks!
Old September 4th, 2007, 2:24 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AC Question on 07 Tahoe

Chris,
There is an Ambient Air Temperature Sensor located at the bottom support of your radiator just behind the grill, the cold water from the car wash will super-cool this sensor which in turn confuses the Automatic HVAC system into thinking that is it cold outside and causes the Recirc light to flash and the HVAC system to blow warm. This is normal.