Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Advice needed on Purchase of 2000 suburban

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2012, 9:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed on Purchase of 2000 suburban

Hi
I am new here and need a truck to haul for work and play I am currently looking and have done lots of research on buying a used suburban/yukon xl

I have found a few and would like opinions and any input.

1st one is a 2000 suburban was a former work vehicle for a surveyor it is being sold for $1800 obo canadian $ however it is in need of TLC.

BAD
Needs rocker panel work both sides as they are rotten I live in the north east. Transfer case is shot and needs replacement/ repair. Rear Most bench needs a patch installed as leather has a 7 inch crack/tear in it. Vehicle desperately needs to be cleaned in the worst kind of way. Has 228k miles or 378k km on it. Needs blower motor resistor as only works on high fan speed.

Good
Four brand new Michelin tires nubbies still on them,new brakes lines etc all the way around. New alternator and transmission been rebuilt and when it was done it was built to hd spec.New AC compressor and

I can get the transfer case replaced with a used one for $350 installed however albeit noisy will it hurt to drive the truck with a broken t case?

My Friend says he can fix rockers for $350

vehicle drives good except for transfer case noise.

2nd

Is a Yukon XL ie same as suburban havent seen yet from the pictures though looks as if owned by younger guy ie 20' wheels and windows tinted etc has some dents 290km or 180k mi

The work one appears at face value to have more work done and been better maintained as the owner stated he needs to get to job site as no show = no $ and he relied on this truck. He bought a 2006 Z71 suburban to replace the 2000.

Any input would be greatly appreciated
Old July 31st, 2012, 4:16 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would keep looking...can always find better