Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Aftermarket modification numbers? HP/TQ/MPG

Search this Thread

Old October 9th, 2006, 11:44 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket modification numbers? HP/TQ/MPG

Just wondering if anyone has any hp/tq/mpg numbers after modifications? I purchased a Gtech SS, showed numbers for 0-60 @ 6.86 1/4mile @14.76. I don't think HP is right, since it read 502 and TQ at 571 ft/lbs. Did a reset on the MPG and showed an increase from what it used to be...gain of 2 mpg. Anyone else?

DarkOne.
Old October 10th, 2006, 1:41 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts
Default RE: Aftermarket modification numbers? HP/TQ/MPG

I got a G-Tech Pro also but haven't had time to set it up. It sounds like getting the initial mounting correct is key to getting accurate readings tho. I certainly would question Hp numbers higher than 320 w/o any mods. Those kind of readings (if accurate) should yield a better ET than 14.76. Will let you know what I get when I get it set up.

Old October 10th, 2006, 2:06 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That must be the device that Dodge uses to come up with their erroneous HP numbers.
Old October 10th, 2006, 2:15 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Could be. Don't follow Dodge much. Hadn't heard that they were fooling with their numbers.
Old October 10th, 2006, 3:13 AM
CF Active Member

Yeah I have to reset the settings b/c of the G's are off once in awhile. I did however get one reading before the exhaust was put on, the HP was 310 and the TQ was at 390 ft/lbs. I thought that was pretty close to what I should get. I am still waiting to get on a 1/4 mile stretch (flat) to get a more accurate reading. Those readings earlier were from a stand still, but making a right turn (from a stop sign) then going up hill, so I am guessing the G's factor into the equation. Not sure though, that is when I had those readings this evening. Shark let me know what you get. The Gtech is a neat gadget, but would like to get the truck on a dyno along with the GTECH and see if they match.

DarkOne.
Old October 10th, 2006, 11:34 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is this Gtech?

Has anyone purchased the Superchips 2815 or a cold air intake kit for their 2007? What do you think?
Old October 11th, 2006, 12:06 AM
CF Active Member

Biglg,

Go to Gtech Pro website. I think it is www.gtechpro.com Pretty neat gadget. I have it plugged into my tahoe. I have the Gtech Pro SS. Take a look. I think someone has the superchips flashpaq (friscokid) maybe. I hope to get one at the end of the month when I get some cash. By the way I do have the air raid CAI. I reset my MPG and looks like I increased 2 MPG when I don't mash on the pedal, of course. Even then it doesn't go down to what it used to be.
Old October 11th, 2006, 4:02 PM
CF Addict

Dark One,

Thanks for the reply. I want to get the superchips also, it was the best mod I put on my hemi ram truck. I have seen them on ebay for around $365 with best offer option.

As for the CAI I think i will go with the volant to keep the filter enclosed for sound. I know some of you have said that aftermarket open air CAI on this 07 tahoe doesnt make any noise, however every open air filter i have had makes all kind of noise when accelerating! Thanks.
Old October 11th, 2006, 4:03 PM
CF Addict

Dark One,

Thanks for the reply. I want to get the superchips also, it was the best mod I put on my hemi ram truck. I have seen them on ebay for around $365 with best offer option.

As for the CAI I think i will go with the volant to keep the filter enclosed for sound. I know some of you have said that aftermarket open air CAI on this 07 tahoe doesnt make any noise, however every open air filter i have had makes all kind of noise when accelerating! Thanks.
Old October 11th, 2006, 4:17 PM
CF Junior Member

You got the right WEIGHT programmed in?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket modification numbers? HP/TQ/MPG