Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Aftermarket wheel search

Search this Thread

Old December 5th, 2006, 2:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket wheel search

Hello Everyone,
I am new to the forum and have been on a quest to see what wheels are available for the new 2007 tahoe. I am looking into both 24's and 26's however I am recieveing mixed information from different vendors about the wheel specs. I have been told that the stock offset is +31mm. I am looking for a rim that sits flush with the wheel well/fender lip but that does not stick out. I have been told that I need a lower offset to achieve this, say like a +15mm to a +25mm. Does this information sound correct? Would a +18mm stick out? I found a rim that I really like that has this offset. I am beginning to think that I may have to have I-Forged or HRE make a custom set to achieve the look that I want. Also does the width of the rim change the amount of offset you can get away with running? Any and all help is extremely appreciated!!

Thanks,
Donny
Old December 5th, 2006, 3:44 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Aftermarket wheel search

There is a lot of information out there on this subject! I just purchased a set of 24's and can provide a little information.

First, your stock offset is +31. Now, if you go to a 24x10 wheel you have 1.5" more in width, that width has to go somewhere. Either sticking out the well or into the well, BUT how much room is inside the well before you rub????????? Therefore if you got a +31 offset in 24x10 your 1.5" would be spread evenly on the inner and outer wheel clearance. The higher + offset (+40) the more your wheel will sit in on the fenders. A +12 offset is going to stick out about 1.4" more than your stock wheels now. One other item of concern, I have talked to many wheel dealers and distributors and +40 offset wheels are rubbing the inner rear fender. To be honest, staying as close to +30 offset is your best bet. I actually purchased a set of +30's. Check this link out and you will find the information.

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp