Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Air temperature Issues

Search this Thread

Old August 4th, 2015, 5:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air temperature Issues

Hello, first time here. Last night my wife and I purchased a 2004 5.3 Tahoe. The drive home went smooth with no issues. We parked the vehicle and soon returned to take it back out. When it was started we noticed the air temperature was extremely hot. I'm talking sweltering hot. I played with the settings/temps/air flow ect. and hot air was still coming from all the front vents as well as the two behind the driver and passenger seat. I turned the vehicle off and restarted it. Now I had cool air blowing from the vents excluding the center right vent. This morning it was the same. We have cool air out of all vents excluding this one. After doing some reading I am under the impression there is a faulty actuator to blame. My questions is, is this assumption correct, what am I looking for exactly and where is it located?

Thanks in advance
Old August 5th, 2015, 1:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I had this same issue in fact I got some DTC errors about it too and it seem to be caused by a faulty A/C Actuator. The Tahoe has two, I am not sure which one controls what. I know there is one behind the glove box and that one is fairly simple to change out there are videos of it on youtube. The other one is below the dash at the top, that one seems to be a bit harder to change out due to some ac ducts that are above it. I saw a video of a guy changing it and he ended up sawing off the duct to get to it.

otherwise I've heard restarting the engine makes it work or removing the relay for 30 mins but eventually it will get worst.

regards,