Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Another electrical thread!! Ugh!

Old November 18th, 2018, 8:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another electrical thread!! Ugh!

Hey guys! I've been doing research, searching the forums and racking my brain recently!
I have an 02 yukon. Has computer climate control and rear controls. Rear controls I figured out, but the front has me stumped! Blower motor works up front, I believe i need to replace the mode actuator. I hear it making noise and I can kind of help it along so I'm going to do that. The temperature however I replaced with 2 dorman actuators and it still doesnt work. I finally get them to move and they move a little and stop then a little more and stop. It's almost like a pulse signal. It happens connected to the blend door or not, and with all 3 actuators! I'm stumped! Also, since I seemed this an electrical thread, another question is my windows. They work fine at all the doors except my master. Passenger front and driver rear wont go down via my master switch. If I put them down with the switch at the door i can put them up via my master. Just not down. If anyone could shed some light on my situations that would be awesome! Please ask if you need more information about my situation. Even call me a dumbass and point me to a solution! Anything helps!
Thanks in advance!
Old November 18th, 2018, 10:53 AM
CF Active Member

Location: Currently the Candian Gander is wintering over in New York.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jim Hoffmann
, another question is my windows. They work fine at all the doors except my master. Passenger front and driver rear wont go down via my master switch. If I put them down with the switch at the door i can put them up via my master. Just not down. If anyone could shed some light on my situations that would be awesome! Please ask if you need more information about my situation. Thanks in advance!
I think that if you check your wiring harness, you are going to find that the wires feeding the two non-operational master switches are broken open inside the harness close to where the door hinges back and forth. You will probably need a wiring diagram and I would suggest an LED test light with both hot and ground leads.

https://images.oreillyauto.com/parts.../86602-007.jpg
Old November 18th, 2018, 6:39 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Jim, Welcome to the forum.
Besides a broken wire, I would check the contacts of the two switches that aren't working properly. That would probably be easier to do first rather than to check out the wiring where the door hinges are. But the broken wiring is probably the cause of your problem.

Search this Thread