Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Another HVAC cycling problem , passenger compartment temp sensor ??

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2023, 12:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another HVAC cycling problem , passenger compartment temp sensor ??

After countless days of research I'm about stumped , hoping someone can shoot me right , I have a 2014 lt 5.3 and I had a leaking compressor to start with that was cycling on and off every 15-30 seconds, got it replaced along with the orifice tube expansion valve receiver dryer and held vacuum overnight, I replaced the in line pressure switch as well, as far as i can tell my evap temp sensor is good and not showing freezing temps but I cannot seem to get it to quit cycling , my other suburban doesn't do that it will run constantly for a ample amount of time, all im seeing now is the passenger side temp is showing 22 degrees filtered and unfiltered, would that cause cycling ? It's not as cold on that side as the driver's at all either when it does work, can anyone tell me we're they are located ? Any suggestions I'm pulling my hair out , thank you!!!!

Old September 3rd, 2023, 10:55 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincentmb615
After countless days of research I'm about stumped , hoping someone can shoot me right , I have a 2014 lt 5.3 and I had a leaking compressor to start with that was cycling on and off every 15-30 seconds, got it replaced along with the orifice tube expansion valve receiver dryer and held vacuum overnight, I replaced the in line pressure switch as well, as far as i can tell my evap temp sensor is good and not showing freezing temps but I cannot seem to get it to quit cycling , my other suburban doesn't do that it will run constantly for a ample amount of time, all im seeing now is the passenger side temp is showing 22 degrees filtered and unfiltered, would that cause cycling ? It's not as cold on that side as the driver's at all either when it does work, can anyone tell me we're they are located ? Any suggestions I'm pulling my hair out , thank you!!!!
At 22 F your evaporator would be freezing up. A better post than this is necessary to make a proper Dx.