Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

ambient temp sensor

Search this Thread

Old July 27th, 2019, 6:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy ambient temp sensor

I have a 2014 Impala LTZ limited The a/c would not go on when it was 86 degrees outside.
Then I noticed the DIC says " Ice Possible" outside temp showed 9 degrees. called my parts guy at Chevy
and went and picked up a new GM ambient temp sensor. Installed it and everything seemed ok. Temp showed
85 degrees and a/c works normally.
For the last few days with the new sensor installed I'll start the car after sitting overnight and it shows low outside temp again ( 12 degrees )
and ice possible< but now usually between 8-10 minutes of driving I can watch the temp on the dash climb and after
it reached 65 and above the a/c goes on. I checked the sensor plug and location and all appears to look fine,I
followed the wire harness back as far as I could and looks like it's never moved, This is been going on for the last 4
days now and don't know what to do next. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Old July 28th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

check for codes. body codes require a full function scan tool to access.

ambient sensor data isn't always live....it updates under programmed conditions.
Old July 28th, 2019, 1:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your help-will let you know what happens.