Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Another victim of scum

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2013, 3:33 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Another victim of scum

Well tonight my burb got broken into by some scum of the earth.
Stole my Ipod with 10 years worth of photos (laptop that has them transferred died last year....) and ripped my stereo right out.

it is not the necessarily the material things but that there was people inside my personal things and going through them.....I think I must have scared them as they left my raybans and all the change in plain view....

Still I feel violated and wish nothing but the worst on these people.
Old November 14th, 2013, 6:46 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, sorry to read about this! How did they get into the vehicle?
Old November 14th, 2013, 9:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

When they broke into my truck, it cost 160$ to get the side

window replaced. They ripped the wires off the speakers they took.

WTF? The speakers were most likely damaged, when they

did that. They stole my laptop, got a hiking pack full of gear, and if I'd

caught them in the act, I'd have taught them a lesson they'd never

remember. Stank crackheads.

OH, that "alarm" which trips on me three times a week? Did they

set it off? DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! Tell him what he won, Bob!
Old November 14th, 2013, 9:24 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Sledgehammer Really sorry to hear that, I had a vehicle broken into some years back so I know how you feel...

Be sure to check with your insurance, and see what they can and can't cover for you....

My daughter was recently grocery shopping and had her purse stolen out of the cart, she lost her keys with the purse, called State Farm and it turns out her keys were covered under comprehensive... Insurance paid to have her car towed to dealership, re-keyed door, trunk, and ignition, 2 new keys and 2 new key fobs $50 deductible... The grocery story (Whole Foods) was kind enough to pay for all of her groceries since her cash and cards were in the purse...

The best thing that happened for the thug that stole it, was her phone fell out when he took the purse... otherwise I would have tracked it and him down...
Old November 14th, 2013, 9:49 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sad that people go through this and the crackheads that take the stuff sell it for $10 so they can get a hit! after thinking about it and all the costs that come with the damage, i might have more respect if someone came up to me and said "can you please give $10 so i can get my hit and not have to destroy and steal for it". years back i had an ac legend that was broken into for my rf amp. broke window cost me $100 to fix and amp was another $400 and they tore through the leather of the back seat to get it. all while i was in college and the car was parked outside in broad daylight! they left the pioneer head unit and couldn't fit the woofers through the back seat slit. then a few weeks later someone broke in again for the head unit right in front of the house! smfh what luck!
Old November 15th, 2013, 1:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Dont know how they got into the truck. I am 99.9% sure I locked it. police believed they did a slim jim method. It happened around 9 pm in a busy parking lot so it is weird noone saw anything.

with the gps they also left the stand and the part that plugs into the cigarette lighter so they cannot even use it.

This is the 3rd time (in my life) that this happens and I am getting pretty annoyed with it. Has any of you to which this has happened found a better way to protect yourself then taking everything out evertime ?
Old November 15th, 2013, 3:22 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Don't leave everything in plain sight. That is just an invitation for the miscreants to break your window and steal it.
Old November 16th, 2013, 4:31 AM
CF Junior Member

nothing was in sight . except the stereo of course. If they want in they will get in. Just installed an new stereo today, my cut up fingers from the wiring angers me soooooooo much more grrrrrrrrr
Old November 16th, 2013, 5:04 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

don't sweat it too much. i know your pain as iv'e had it happen on more than one occasion. sh/t happens but look at this way. your probably a lot more fortunate than the scum that did it. don't let it get you down. fix it and keep it moving
Old November 17th, 2013, 7:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Well no offense there, '91, but I worked my azz off for my stuff.

Yet these crack-sucking freaks think they're as entitled as the

administration they voted for. The real problem here, is people

want to think they are welcome to our things, either because of

fearless leaders comments about wealth distribution, or because

a bunch of black tribe leaders in Africa sold a couple of boatloads

of THEIR slaves to some America-bound trading ships 250 YEARS ago...

Quick Reply: Another victim of scum