Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Another victim of scum

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2013, 8:07 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one of these in my Tahoe.

Chevrolet Tahoe Floor Console: 2007 - 2013

Its something you may want to consider. Very high quality. Its held in place with screws which you can only get to if the safe is open. You can get it with a barrel security key or I think a 3 digit combo scroll lock (sorry can't think of a better term for it, lol), and looks like they now have a 4 digit combo lock. I have the barrel key, I feel its faster to open it with a key then to try and fumble and scroll to digits quickly, if I ever needed to get to the safes contents right away. My main purpose is to store my concealed carry weapon when I go to places where I am not allowed to bring my weapon. But I also lock up my GPS and other miscellaneous things I don't want out in the open for prying eyes to be tempted by. It has a decent amount of room in it, and it has a hidden panel inside, which has a drop down space to hold a little bit more like more ammo or extra magazines for your handgun. They wont get into it for sure, IMO, b/c it would take WAY too long to get it opened IF they can even open it. And there is not enough space between the safe and the center console where it sits to stick some type of pry tool to try and lift it out of the console, plus like I said its screwed down (using stock screw locations btw, no new drilling).

Last edited by Typerod; November 17th, 2013 at 8:15 AM.
Old November 18th, 2013, 3:00 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ipad

doesn't your ipad sync w/the cloud? it should auto save your last 1,000 photos.
Old November 26th, 2013, 3:38 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I found my GPS on CL I believe. it is the same model as far as I remember without the stand and only the usb cable without the ciglighter plug.......I still have my stand and the lighter plug as they forgot to take that i guess.....and it is being sold a block from where I live (granted it got stolen downtown (7min from where I live and it is being offered) I did the police report so now the question....inform the police or go get it myself.....he/she is selling it for 25$ which is wayyyyyyy cheap (150 ish original I believe) . I'd love to go myself and teach some manners but manners are no match for a knife/gun so I am a bit hesitant, specially knowing the types that would steal like that.

Well I just answered my own question and inform the police. I do hope they will follow up on it though.
Can they track the IP through CL?
Old November 26th, 2013, 8:10 AM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sledgehammer
So I found my GPS on CL I believe. it is the same model as far as I remember without the stand and only the usb cable without the ciglighter plug.......I still have my stand and the lighter plug as they forgot to take that i guess.....and it is being sold a block from where I live (granted it got stolen downtown (7min from where I live and it is being offered) I did the police report so now the question....inform the police or go get it myself.....he/she is selling it for 25$ which is wayyyyyyy cheap (150 ish original I believe) . I'd love to go myself and teach some manners but manners are no match for a knife/gun so I am a bit hesitant, specially knowing the types that would steal like that.

Well I just answered my own question and inform the police. I do hope they will follow up on it though.
Can they track the IP through CL?
Is it a Garmin? If you have it registered with Garmin, then you have a copy of the serial number. Then you could either go buy it from the person who listed it on Craigs list, and see if the serial number matches or let the police see if they want to pursue that route for you. But I don't think that this would be a high priority for the police and they may not even want to go that far for you.
Old November 26th, 2013, 9:43 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

If you have the serial number, you might see if the police would set up a buy sting.
Old November 26th, 2013, 11:57 AM
CF Junior Member

it is a tomtom. who I contacted to see if they could get the serial number as I did register it when I bought it. I just want to go and look at it and check the previous destinations in it. one thing I am worried about is that if it is mine they would have my name and house address (marked as home in the unit....)
Old November 26th, 2013, 3:29 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

I remember reading where you should not put Home by your address as when someone steals it, they know where you live and you're not home.
Old November 27th, 2013, 3:24 AM
CF Beginner

My buddy has his home under XXXXXXXX OPP (Ontario Provincial Police)
Station for just such a reason, I while back I heard about thieves stealing cars after watching people enter high end restaurants, etc.
Since they knew the people would be dining for several hours they would then go and rob their houses.
Old November 28th, 2013, 7:31 AM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sledgehammer
it is a tomtom. who I contacted to see if they could get the serial number as I did register it when I bought it. I just want to go and look at it and check the previous destinations in it. one thing I am worried about is that if it is mine they would have my name and house address (marked as home in the unit....)
Thats understandable, just be careful if you do go yourself to see it. But I learned a while ago to not put your home address in the GPS, so I put my next door neighbor's address instead! LOL! But I guess thats not a great idea if you keep your vehicle registration in the car as well and the thieves get to see that as well.