Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Arnott Compressor - Leaking from Factory

Search this Thread

Old March 16th, 2014, 1:18 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arnott Compressor - Leaking from Factory

So I recently replaced both the compressor and the shocks. The compressor fired right up, but I noticed it kicking on regularly. I figured it had to be one of the lines leaking. Well I was wrong.

Yesterday I got under the truck with a bucket of soapy water trying to find the leak. I checked all of the connections and couldn't find anything. I moved on to the compressor and found two leaks. One was where the dryer attached (after further inspection the o-ring is damaged) and at the nut on top of the compressor. It is still under warranty so I'll be calling tomorrow to get a replacement.

Just thought those of you that have experience a leak might want to check this first.

Here's a shot of it leaking:
Old March 28th, 2014, 5:07 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just in case anyone is reading this thread, it turns out that it's not the compressor. There is a check valve inside the dryer that you reuse from the old compressor. This has gone bad. You can replace it part number 22964558. It's called the filter, but it's the piece that pulls the condensation out of the compressed air before allowing it to go into the air lines.

Hope this helps someone.

BTW, Arnott was fantastic about this. They replaced it no problem. Only wish I had talked to the guy I talked to second, first. He was the one that told me about the check valve.
Old March 28th, 2014, 6:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

great info and the picture is a bonus.