Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Arrrrgh. Yup I'm stumped

Search this Thread

Old July 6th, 2020, 4:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arrrrgh. Yup I'm stumped

Hello everyone! First time suburban owner and I stumped. I have an 02 LT suburban. I drove it home parked it went outside the next day and it wont start. I can hear the pump fine and the filter has been replaced recently and has fuel coming out as far as i can tell. She cranks and almost fires off but then won't. I pulled the airbox and squirted some go juice and she fired up then died. Any tips would be sweet! Thank you for your time and brain matter use.
Old July 6th, 2020, 4:12 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshua Jensen
Hello everyone! First time suburban owner and I stumped. I have an 02 LT suburban. I drove it home parked it went outside the next day and it wont start. I can hear the pump fine and the filter has been replaced recently and has fuel coming out as far as i can tell. She cranks and almost fires off but then won't. I pulled the airbox and squirted some go juice and she fired up then died. Any tips would be sweet! Thank you for your time and brain matter use.
You need to check the fuel pressure.
The following users liked this post:
Silverfox103 (July 18th, 2020)
Old July 6th, 2020, 6:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

+1...
Old July 10th, 2020, 7:17 AM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default suburban starting problem

At about 160,000 miles, and on Christmas Eve, no less, the fuel pump on my 01 Suburban failed. There was no indication of any problem until it simply stopped working. That was my first present, the second was the bill for the tow, draining the tank, dropping the tank, replacing the pump, and reinstalling the tank. The bill was $700 and that was 10 years ago. It is not a job to do yourself. Some advice to avoid this problem again is to never let your tank go below a quarter tank; the fuel helps to keep the pump cool and prevent it from self-destructing. There is no excuse for this poor design; the fuel pump in some vehicles is reached by removing the back seat, pulling back the carpet, opening the access in the floor and there's the pump....something that you could do yourself. But alas, not the case here.
Old July 17th, 2020, 2:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well Josh

I wouldsay checking fuel filter first at that don't solve the problem then go get fuel pressure gauge and make sure they have the adequate amount of fuel pressure should be about 62 lb and if you have any more problems call me have a 503 704 8 9 10