Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Autoride ?? - 2002 Chevy Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2013, 8:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autoride ?? - 2002 Chevy Tahoe

Hi! I've been reading this forum for a few years and I gotta say its an amazing resource.

The autoride on my 2002 Tahoe has stopped working. I am not getting any codes. I checked both fuses under the hood (RTD and Stud 1) and they are ok. I replaced the Automatic Level Control Compressor relay (under the hood, by the fuse box). I popped the ball joint off the level sensors and manually adjusted them and they seem ok because I could hear it make a noise in the autoride unit when I moved them. I took out the compressor unit, put power to it, and it seemed to run fine. Any suggestions as to what I should check next? I read somewhere that there is another fuse in the fuse box by driver side door, but cant pinpoint which one would have anything to do with the autoride.
THX!

Last edited by bmisfeldt; May 20th, 2013 at 9:03 AM.
Old May 20th, 2013, 2:07 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either your computer is bad. (in the inside back rear panel) or one of your sensors are bad. There is a new level sensor for the early 2000's as the originals went bad around 100k, happened to me but shortly after bought the 07 so didn't have time for new sensors. But for it to work you have to replace ALL 4 sensors...
Old May 20th, 2013, 2:25 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks Joe! I'm picking up a used Electronic Suspension Control Module from a buddy who owns a wrecking yard tomorow for $85. If it doesnt fix the problem, I can luckily return it. If that doesnt do the trick, I'll look at the sensors. I already tested the two rear sensors and they seemed fine. I read that there isnt sensors in the front for the autoride since the front shocks dont adjust so I didnt even look there. I'm also going to jump the 30 & 87 pins on the relay to see if that kicks the compessor on as it should.

Last edited by bmisfeldt; May 20th, 2013 at 4:20 PM.
Old May 21st, 2013, 9:42 AM
CF Beginner

I jumped the 30 & 87 pin and the compressor fired up. I also checked the front two level sensors and they seemed to function properly. They both beeped when I manually moved them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Electronic Suspension Control Module finally gets the autoride working again.
Old May 28th, 2013, 4:14 PM
CF Beginner

I tried two differend used ESCM's and they didnt fix it. UGH!
I explained all that I've done to a local chevy service guy and he thinks I might have gotten a bad relay. So I'm gonna try and take back the relay next.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 8:59 AM
CF Beginner

Anyone know anything about a autoride pressure switch/sensor?
Old September 13th, 2018, 1:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default Escm

Originally Posted by bmisfeldt
I tried two differend used ESCM's and they didnt fix it. UGH!
I explained all that I've done to a local chevy service guy and he thinks I might have gotten a bad relay. So I'm gonna try and take back the relay next.
Curious if you had to re-program the ESCM? I have replaced the rear shocks and need a new ESCM. Thanks!