Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Back up bulb

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2019, 7:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back up bulb

I have a 2008 Tahoe LTZ. Does anyone on here k ow the right part number for the back up bulb. The small clear one thats sits in the center of rear light console. None of the part stores carry that particular bulb
Old January 6th, 2019, 2:55 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st officer
i have a 2008 tahoe ltz. Does anyone on here k ow the right part number for the back up bulb. The small clear one thats sits in the center of rear light console. None of the part stores carry that particular bulb
acdelco 7441 {#15224109}
Old January 6th, 2019, 7:23 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you
Old January 6th, 2019, 3:36 PM
CF Monarch

Originally Posted by 1st Officer
Thank you
No problem. That was easy.
Old January 6th, 2019, 6:23 PM
CF Beginner

Weeeelllll. Got the bulb, didnt have the AC Delco but autozone matched it with the Sylvania one. And after swapping out still no light. The circuit is linked to the right turn signal and quick blinks showing a shoet in the circuit, but replacing the bulb didnt work. Not sure which fuse to check as i bought the 08 used and didnt have the manual. But im thinking if it were the fuse i wouldnt have any action on that side but i get a front blinker and my side mirror blinks. What gives. .
Old January 6th, 2019, 7:20 PM
CF Monarch

Originally Posted by 1st Officer
Weeeelllll. Got the bulb, didnt have the AC Delco but autozone matched it with the Sylvania one. And after swapping out still no light. The circuit is linked to the right turn signal and quick blinks showing a shoet in the circuit, but replacing the bulb didnt work. Not sure which fuse to check as i bought the 08 used and didnt have the manual. But im thinking if it were the fuse i wouldnt have any action on that side but i get a front blinker and my side mirror blinks. What gives. .
You can often find the fuses listed under the fuse box lid or cover. There may well be an owners manual, or fuse and relay diagram to be found online as well. In fact I found a GM owners manual for a 2008 Chevy Tahoe in pdf. format here:

http://www.vadengmpp.com/owners-manu...olet-Tahoe.pdf

Last edited by oilcanhenry; January 6th, 2019 at 7:23 PM.
Old January 6th, 2019, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Received 159 Likes on 157 Posts

Rapid blinking indicates a burned out bulb or an open circuit. Did you check for 12V at the socket? Not sure why the backup up circuit would be linked to the turn signal circuit. Did you check the previous bulb with an ohmmeter?
Old January 7th, 2019, 12:25 AM
CF Beginner

Didnt check. Have to get new meters, been on my to get list but something always comes up more pressing. Definitely a priority now as im having this issue along with back up camera black screen. As for the circuits, wasnt until the bulb failed did i get the quick blinking. Was easy to identify since those lights are lit when you exit and or hit the alarm. Im sort of thinking the switch itself may be my problem. Had a little darkness like maybe a burn out happen, but as this is bought used and my 1st time going into the rear lights hard to really say. Thanks for the insight.
Old January 8th, 2019, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Back up camera is activated by reverse circuitry, so the bulb not working and the camera out could be related...
attached docs that might help
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
backup lamps.pdf (116.0 KB, 43 views)
File Type: pdf
08 Tahoe backup lamps malf.pdf (18.5 KB, 197 views)