Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 1:43 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Backup camera problem

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2009, 5:17 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

if you got this blank screen, that you weren't getting power to the camera
Thats not neccessarly true. All it really means is that there is no signal going to the radio. I'll post a wiring diagram of the circuits between the module and the camera so you can make sure you have good continuity and proper voltages going
to the camera.
Old November 14th, 2010, 8:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, all. I have a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali XL that is doing the same thing. It is definitely on based upon the first set of instructions provided here, but it is still not working. Any new updates?
Old November 15th, 2010, 8:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I ended up replacing the camera unit and problem solved. I think because the trim piece was loose the vibration killed the camera.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 3:01 PM
CF Beginner

Holeinone,
Did you replace it yourself, or did you take it to the dealership? If you did it yourself, where did you find the parts?
Old November 24th, 2010, 8:03 PM
CF Junior Member

I bought it from GMPartsHouse.com then had my body shop guy put it on when he replaced the trim piece. You have to take the panel off the liftgate to get to it. Not hard to do.
Old March 10th, 2011, 9:46 AM
CF Beginner

How much was it. I think I have the same problem
Old March 14th, 2011, 5:33 PM
CF Junior Member

I can't remember for sure. www.gmpartshouse.com
Old December 6th, 2012, 10:32 AM
CF Beginner

When I select the menu button I don't see option for the camera. I do have a camera as I see it on the back of the suburban. We just picked up this 2007LTZ suburban yesterday, and the dealer (ford) did check into it, but could not figure it out.

Any other ideas would be great.
Old December 6th, 2012, 3:57 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

hankburger Welcome to the forum...
Is your camera factory or aftermarket?
Old December 7th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by hankburger
When I select the menu button I don't see option for the camera. I do have a camera as I see it on the back of the suburban. We just picked up this 2007LTZ suburban yesterday, and the dealer (ford) did check into it, but could not figure it out.

Any other ideas would be great.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> hankburger,

“in2pro” makes a great point. Would you PM your VIN, so I can look into this further for you?

Louis
GM Customer Service

Quick Reply: Backup camera problem