Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Backup Camera Screen suddenly blank.

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2012, 9:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backup Camera Screen suddenly blank.

I have an 07 Yukon Denali. Yesterday when I put the truck in reverse I noticed that my backup camera was out. The screen is blank except for the safety warning.

Any ideas on how to trouble shoot? I already checked and the camera is enabled in the radio setup.
Old February 13th, 2012, 9:37 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> crhoads,

Is there anything blocking the backup camera lens? Disconnection is another possibility. These are just suggestion, not a diagnosis. I encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection. A certified technician will be able to offer an accurate diagnosis after a physical inspection.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 24th, 2012, 1:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced the backup camera with one off eBay and it works now.