Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Backup your Navigation DVD

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2010, 8:16 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By the way, burning a 20861673 5.0c disc right now to test out in the new 2010 nav unit I just put in my 2007. Love having the iPod integrated now.
Old April 28th, 2010, 8:48 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default yea

I would consider a new head unit if it had the A2DP profile so I could stream pandora from my iphone...
Old May 1st, 2010, 8:17 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good info Looked at mine
It was in the unit for 4 days, it was dusty
and had a small scratch
Old May 4th, 2010, 9:31 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Dido on the slysoft.. it is the sh@@ it will burn any DVD protected or not (they won't tell you that thou) it is an excellent way to make a back up copy of DVD's I keep in the truck for the kids to watch and don't have to worry about them getting scratch up, broken, kicked out of the truck and lost.

Rather then burn a copy every time, I use it to create and ISO image and can burn it at a later date. Its a little pricey but well worth it if you have a DVD collection that is used a lot or you want to to earn your eye-patch or peg-leg...
Old September 21st, 2010, 6:45 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
Your factory GM Navigation DVD is an expensive DVD subject to wear and tear during normal use. My Tahoe came factory with the system and DVD in place when I purchased it new. 5 months later the disk was quite dirty. I made a personal use backup copy of my DVD and now use it for daily driving. My original is stored safely in my attic. This is a method that worked for me, it may or may not work for you. I do not endorse illegal copying of software.

Nav DVD Version: 4.0c
Blank DVD type: DVD+R DL Memorex 8x (Dual Layer)
DVD Burner: Dual Layer capable of setting DVD-ROM Book Type - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_type

Software Required:
DVDDecrypter 3.5.4.0 - http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/SetupDV...er_3.5.4.0.exe
ImgBurn - http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Open DVDDecrypter and choose File | Mode | ISO | READ to rip to an .ISO

Put the ISO somewhere on your computer where you can find it later. It will be about 6 gigs.

Put in the blank DVD+R DL

Open ImgBurn

Open the ISO file

Set the booktype to DVD-ROM - http://www.digital-digest.com/articl...urn_page1.html

Burn as slow as your writer will allow (mine was 4x and my DVD works fine).

Test the copy in your headunit.

Do not sell copies, this is only for your personal use!

Is there an updated process to this? I am pretty computer literate and this is not working.
Old September 27th, 2010, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

Slysoft works great. I have been using it for over a year. Usually you can make a dvd copy in under a hour. Just make sure you use quality dvds like verbatum data life plus.
Also I used smart nero to make a working copy of my 5.0c nav disk.
Old February 7th, 2011, 2:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default System Error

Hey all,

So after reading through these posts I Down loaded a copy of Version 5 and burned it on a DL DVD. When I installed it i got the following error...
Caution load system software. Disk type incorrect. Please insert correct System disk. Since this screen appeared none of the hard buttons work to allow my to get the disk out. I went to the dealer and they ran a bunch of tests and removed the copied disk. The rep there said I fried the system and need to get a new Navi. Not sure how that could be possible and doesn't seem likely from what I have been reading here. When I left I put the original disk back in but still nothing. I disconnected the battery and tried turning the car off and on. Any suggestions? Thanks so much in advance.

-James