bad fan clutch? - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad fan clutch?

Old July 13th, 2018, 7:10 PM
CF Junior Member

Default bad fan clutch?

I was having overheating with my 2001 Suburban when temps topped 90 outside. The thermostat, hoses and fluid were all replaced but it began overheating again in today's 90+ temps. I was told that it could be the fan clutch, so I'm wondering if that is the problem. And just what goes wrong with this so called fan clutch?
Old July 13th, 2018, 8:53 PM
CF Monarch

Could be, and you need special tools to replace it.
Old July 14th, 2018, 2:54 AM
CF Pro Member

Originally Posted by subfan597 View Post
I was having overheating with my 2001 Suburban when temps topped 90 outside. The thermostat, hoses and fluid were all replaced but it began overheating again in today's 90+ temps. I was told that it could be the fan clutch, so I'm wondering if that is the problem. And just what goes wrong with this so called fan clutch?
They wear out just like everything else does. Not really very hard to install a new one on an engine that has all the belts, water pump and accessories in the front of the vehicle. Hayden 2786 premium fan clutch should bolt right in your Burb. Cost about $47 USD

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: