Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Bad Struts

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2012, 2:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Struts

My struts and air ride system is shot... any recalls on 2007 Tahoe LTZ
Old January 5th, 2012, 4:37 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I am not currently showing any recalls for struts and/or air ride system on 2007 Tahoe vehicles within my resources. If you would like, PM me your VIN number, and I may be able to offer additional information.

Have you taken the vehicle in for an inspection yet?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 6th, 2012, 10:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Louis... I took it in to the Dealer. Looks like its going to about a $1300 repair. I'm having a love/hate relationship with this vehicle. Its the exact SUV i wanted but its had its share of problems. Dash cracked badly... dealership worked with me. Inside handles peeled off. Electrical problems with keyless entry system. And now struts.

I also have a 2001 Tahoe... it has been a tank! only one small repair, fuel pump. Everything else is original. 185,000 miles. Only have needed tires, brakes, and battery.