Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   The Best Color on TAHOE 07 !!!!! (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/best-color-tahoe-07-a-8753/)

koppja July 31st, 2007 3:09 PM

RE: The Best Color on TAHOE 07 !!!!!

I love the 2 tone look of the Z71 also. And I agree the ebony is too solid and dark.

tahoedave July 31st, 2007 4:03 PM

For what it's worth, I've had an '07 LTZ for 13 months now. I bought the Bermuda Blue with ebony interior. I traded in a black F-150 and my wife's car is black. While I agree that black looks great for about five minutes after you detail it, it looks like crap most of the time IMO. My second choice would have been white but black and white is all I ever see. I wanted to be a little original. I think the Bermuda Blue is very sharp and unique. I can look blue, green, or purple depending on the angle at which you look at it. I also thought the ebony interior was too dark at first but now I'm so happy I picked that over the cashmere. I got used to the darkness of it very quickly and I think it looks very rich. I also havea one-year-old and I wouldn't want to think about how dirty the interior would be if I had chosen the cashmere. Just my two cents. Good luck.

snomon July 31st, 2007 4:21 PM

I've owned 2 Yukons that were Pewter and now 07 Tahoe Greystone. Pewter was great because it didn't show dirt or dried water droplets after rain. (I live in Seattlearea!) I like Greystone although it doesn't "match" the color of dried rain droplets or typical surface dust. After all I don't want to be slave to washing my truck all the time.

koppja July 31st, 2007 6:43 PM

Just came back from the dealer again. My problem is I think they all look great. So the good news is, I can't go wrong. The bad news is, I still can't make up my mind. But I set a deadline for myself, I'm going to place the order Thursday night even if I have to throw darts at the brochure. Ha!

They had a Dk Blue with Cashmere. Very sharp. And 2 Gold with Cachmere, also nice. It's amazing how close the silver and gold can look in certain light. Can't even tell them apart at times.

sharky35 August 1st, 2007 9:32 PM

Forme the Black with Cashmereis the best only when it is washed and polished, but after that you don’t want to go around with it.
My younger brother bought black jeep Cherokee, and he suffered a lot to keep it clean and under shade trying to keep it away from the sun at all times.

In the other hand Gold Mist is a very good color, especially if you don’t want the dust anddirt to beobserved at all time, butmost of the peoplewho own the Tahoe 07in my town got it.

So for my 08 Tahoe I am considering the Gray Stone or the Silver Birch with cashmere.

koppja August 1st, 2007 9:57 PM

I think I settled on Gold/Ebony LT3. I guess I'm taking the practical route since the Gold helps hide dust and dirt and the Ebony helps hide stains. I don't mind dusting and vacuming the interior from time to time to remove the lint.

Gman August 2nd, 2007 8:50 PM

We have the Gold Mist with Cashmire interior. The only place it shows dirt really bad is the black plastic step on the rear bumper. The whole rearend is a dirt magnet. The rear lift gate is always dirty in just a few days of driving. The rest of thevehicle stays pretty clean looking with this color. Oh yeah the front and rear mudguards are great keeping the spray off the nerf bars and sides of the vehicle.

Classical Glass August 3rd, 2007 5:12 PM

Black

SWRidin August 3rd, 2007 5:30 PM

We went to Phoenix for the weekend. I was planning to wash it when we got there.
(5 hour drive of unknown weather and bugs).
The truck was a little dirty.
I could see the dried water/dirt spots on the hood as I drove.

It was too hot to wash the vehicle in Phoenix.
I didn't want to get sweaty and worn out washing and drying.
Decided to wait until sundown.

That day I noticed how clean the truck looked eventhough it was dirty.
Silver Birchlooked great.
My 24's were still shined up, I ended up not washing it at all!

koppja August 3rd, 2007 6:45 PM

I ordereda 2008Gold Mist/Ebony LT3 last night.Dealer expects a quick delivery. Should have itmid September.

Should be just in time as my 2001 LS is falling apart. :(