Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Bg moa??

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2013 | 8:59 AM
CF Senior Member

Default Bg moa??

BG MOA MOTOR OIL ADDITIVE ENHANCER ENGINE PROTECTION TREATMENT has anyone used this stuff? i came across it one day online and have been researching it for a while? looks like some slick stuff. I know heat and friction are an enemy of any motor so when i see a product like this (where they're running engines without oil) it makes me wonder?? snake oil smoke and mirrors? or the real deal? Ive always been skeptical about additives in my engines and wether they do more harm then good? any feedback?? oh and any thoughts on use of this with lifters in the 5.3 afm?
Old May 25th, 2013 | 7:31 PM
Administrator

I too have heard good things about it, however I believe to get the full benefit of the product you need to use it regularly and its not readily available, you have to go to a sponsoring shop or get it from EBay... I think its a product that works best if you intent to keep your vehicle for a long period of time, not just the typical 5-7 years...
Will it help with the AFM failures...? I think not as that is a design issue not a wear one... though it may help in that everything works just a bit better...
I have wanted to try it but wasn't willing to jump through the hoops needed to get it....
Old May 25th, 2013 | 9:20 PM
Administrator

My service dept uses BG FI cleaners and tranny flush.

As far as oil additives, I think you'd be better off spending the money on Mobil 1.
Old May 26th, 2013 | 9:14 AM
CF Senior Member

Let me tell you about my experience with Mobil 1(full synthetic). Used it religiously in my 98 expedition. One day driving home from work. The car shuts down on the high way. I had just finished an overnight double so I just wanted to get home and sleep. (40 min commute). So I start her back up and continue driving. Does it around 2 more times. Last time right off my exit. Now I'm pissed. Thought it was the battery so some guy offers me a jump. Batt wasn't the issue. Finally get it to start one more time and now I'm racing just to get it home. So now i hear the motor, ticking and knocking!! Park it an went to bed. Get up and swing by my mechanic. So first thing he does is check the oil. BONE DRY! I'm like why didn't I think of that??? Long story short drove it with the sound of a helicopter for a few more years til I dropped a doner Motor in it! Had I used a product like moa The engine might've been ok

Last edited by trainwreck91; May 26th, 2013 at 9:18 AM.
Old May 26th, 2013 | 11:01 AM
Administrator

Did you check the oil between oil changes periodically? I can't believe that the Mobile 1 just evaporated overnight.
Old May 26th, 2013 | 11:46 AM
CF Senior Member

i use to change my oil every 3000 mi so i didn't feel the need to periodically check, i never could understand where it went either? have never used mobil 1 again and went back to conventional oil with no problems. btw there were no leaks whatsoever
Old May 26th, 2013 | 4:05 PM
Administrator

I'd be my guess that it did go as far as it did without oil because you were using the M1...
Old May 26th, 2013 | 5:27 PM
CF Senior Member

it's possible but where the hell did 5+ quarts go?
Old May 26th, 2013 | 8:56 PM
Administrator

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the problem wasn't caused by the Mobil 1.
Old May 28th, 2013 | 7:50 AM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 73shark
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the problem wasn't caused by the Mobil 1.

x2. But that being said, I'm in/from the area BG products were invented or made or whatever. I've never personally used them, but know many, many that have and they praise it's name like no other. I'm just too cheap to or I prolly would entertain the idea.

My father was a tech, currently in parts and has no issue selling any of the BG products, My brother is currently a tech and he recommends them.