Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

black tahoe swirl marks

Search this Thread

Old November 15th, 2006, 12:31 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default black tahoe swirl marks

those with black 07 tahoes how do you wash your trucks i hate swirl marks and ive read the how to avoid the swirl marks on here too
but im still getting them and im waxing my tahoe with the maquires ntx wax is this how im putting swirl marks on im waxing by hand
and i wash my tahoe early in the morning hardly any sun out and under car port and i dont even wipe it dry i air blow it dry with my air hose. i do this asuming that if i dont dry it with a chammy or microfiber cloth that i will avoid swirl marks i also dip my mit in clean water after i wash a spot and then soap it again i let watter run down rather than direct spray etc. ??????????????????/

how do yall do it i dont want to put any more swirl marks on it or im going to have to glaze this new hoe out ???????????????\
thank in advance any reply will help and post what you wash it with etc. if possable thanks
Old November 15th, 2006, 12:38 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: black tahoe swirl marks

I have a black hoe and I never wash in circles. Always back and forth in the direction of air flow. I think black will always show swirls, especially in sunlight. I also use 2 buckets, one with clean water and a screen on the bottom to settle the dirt to the bottom. I basically follow the suggestions at this post https://chevroletforum.com/m_813/tm.htm. I bought some of the products they suggest too. I think a good mit and quality soap goes a long ways.

Old November 15th, 2006, 1:37 AM
CF Beginner

I am sorry to say but I have had three black cars and all of them soon or later get swirl marks. You are doing all the right things. I guess one would say stop buying black cars. What can I say they look nice....
Old November 15th, 2006, 10:27 AM
CF Junior Member

I have had several black vehicles and the best thing to use to get rid of the swirls is the Meguires Cleaner Wax. It will get rid of the swirls. When you apply it it is best to use an orbital buffer and it will get rid of the swirl. The ntx is a great wax but it will not get rid of the swirls.
Old November 16th, 2006, 8:18 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: RedBoat

I have had several black vehicles and the best thing to use to get rid of the swirls is the Meguires Cleaner Wax. It will get rid of the swirls. When you apply it it is best to use an orbital buffer and it will get rid of the swirl. The ntx is a great wax but it will not get rid of the swirls.

thankx guys for the responses i do everything the article says as well with two buckets etc. let watter run down etc wash it in the shade i also wash it sides ways not in circles i even tried washing it with the touch free car wash that would cost me 6 bucks a wash
and it worked great for a while till i noticed that it sometimes doesnt take all of the dirt off so i decided to follw the article as well
and did but ive noticed swirl markes in the sunlight from close up in an angle and i hate it but i understand its hard to avoid
but i think that im butting swirl markes with the waxing the car itself. how do yall wax your cars and how do you apply it and with what
do you apply it with im going to swap out to maquires cleaner wax today and try it i apply the wax by hand thinking its best rather than by buffer etc. what do yall sudgest ???
Old November 16th, 2006, 10:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Junior, I use my orbital buffer to put on the cleaner wax and wipe it off by hand. I had swirl marks in my paint also and after using the cleaner wax the swirls were gone. It took 3/4 bottle of the liquid stuff to do it all but it was well worth the effort. I have not used the cleaner wax that comes in the tub I use the bottle an have had great results. I would be very suprised if it does not get the swirls out. Post back and let me know how it works out.
Old November 17th, 2006, 2:04 AM
CF Active Member

u should try this guy's product a friend of mine tried on his '02 STS. the car looks absolutely ****in' amazing!

check this guy out @ www.perfectautofinish.com.

i'm trying to find my friend's car pic's on the Caddy forum he's @. will post a link for u when i find them.
Old November 17th, 2006, 2:30 AM
Administrator

Received 162 Likes on 160 Posts

A tip I picked up on how to determine if a cloth was suitable to use for waxing polishing, etc was to take a CD (I use AOLs that I get about once a week) and rub it. If it scratches the CD, it'll scratch your paint.
Old November 17th, 2006, 2:59 PM
CF Junior Member

RedBoat so you use the liguid cleaner wax instead of the wax in the tub i havent had time to wax the the truck yet
another question i have on our new 07 tahoes do you think we should clay it will the clay bar scratch it itself or will it be safe to use a clay bar on the new paint ill let you know redboat as soon as i get a chance maybe this weekend ill prep up my hoe very nice
i still havent had a chance to install my gm lock pick for the nav and dvd overide etc...[] but hopefully i will this weekend
how many times do you wax your car every week or month i quess it depends how often you wash it too
ive read somewhere that waxing your cars age the paint faster ???
Old November 17th, 2006, 3:08 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have two words:

Zymol

Cheesecloth

Quick Reply: black tahoe swirl marks