Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

black tahoe swirl marks

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2006, 11:43 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: black tahoe swirl marks

Junior, I used the Zaino clay bar and Zaino wax the first week after I brought the Hoe home. I used the clay bar just cause (just cause im ****)! I really did not notice any diffrence after using the clay bar probably because the finish was in new but I wanted to start with the cleanest possible finish before waxing. I used the Zaino wax first, then after 2 weeks I used some stuff called ProFinish from Stylin Concepts and that really deepened the finish. My Hoe has the Dark Blue finish.
If you do want to use the clay bar on your car wash it with Dawn dish soap first and that will strip every bit of wax off of your finish.
I use the Meguires cleaner wax on my Black Ford F-250 Super Duty (and other black vehicles I have owned) with excellent results. I dont think there is any diffrence between the tub and the bottle I just prefer using the bottle. I only use the cleaner wax once a year and the Pro Finish in between.
I wash my cars once a week pretty religiously even in the winter. I also treat the leather every other wash with the Zaino leather treatment.
I generally wax my vehicles about every 4-6 months. I keep my cars a very long time so I try to keep them looking good.
Waxing your car often does not age the paint it actually puts a coating over the paint and protects the finish and really keeps it looking new.
Old November 18th, 2006, 12:11 AM
CF Active Member

I too have a black 07 tahoe, I use the Zaino product. I have been washing my truck about once a week. I use a sheepskin mit, using the Zaino car wash going from top to bottom. I use two different mitts, one for the top and one for the bottom. I also started using a cotton towel to dry my truck, use the colored ones b/c white shows too much dirt. After I dried it I applied the Zaino polish ZX2( i think) also for touch up i use the high gloss detailer for in between washes. ZAINO products work well I don't have any swirls....by the way I use 100% cotton white t-shirts to touch up with the detailer. Also if it gets dusty then just use the california duster. Using the clay bar will help, it just sounds like you have swirls b/c of the clear coat, getting swirls not the paint.
Old November 18th, 2006, 1:43 AM
CF Beginner

I used to have this stuff called Swirless that a bodyshop gave me. It was extremely easy to apply and kept the paint looking wet thus getting rid of any swirl marks. You an also polish and wax from time to time with meguires. After you wash the vehicle a few times, the polish and wax will naturally wash away leaving you with swirls. Having a black car is painful. My 07 Impala SS is black and I've had black vehicles for the last 15 years. It's just part of the deal and it's never easy.
Old November 18th, 2006, 11:54 PM
CF Beginner

This is my 2nd black tahoe and Ive got them on both. You cant stop it. I would rather have a black hoe with swirls than any other color!
Old November 19th, 2006, 12:23 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

I have two words:

Zymol

Cheesecloth

where can i find these two products at im going to wash my hoe sunday morning.
whith dish soap and clay hopefully i wont screw up my clear coat .
can i get these two products at autozone, walmart, etc.
is Zaino wax and Zymol two diffrent things.
Cheesecloth never heared of it where can i get one thanks to all for helping
Old November 19th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Most places that sell car care products will have Zymol. Try hardware or paint stores for cheesecloth.

My preference is microfiber cloth. Just started using them with the Tahoe after using whatever clean rag I could find on previous vehicles. Lightyears of difference IMO.
Old November 19th, 2006, 9:51 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: 73shark

Most places that sell car care products will have Zymol. Try hardware or paint stores for cheesecloth.

My preference is microfiber cloth. Just started using them with the Tahoe after using whatever clean rag I could find on previous vehicles. Lightyears of difference IMO.
i have some microfiber cloths what are you using them for wash the hoe or dry the hoe ???
Old November 19th, 2006, 10:22 PM
CF Junior Member

well guys i finally got to wax my tahoe and i baught the zymol and tried it and compared it to my maquiers ntx and i think i like the maquires ntx better although nieather one gets rid of the swirl marks on my clear coat but i quess we all have to live with it
i will try the cleaner wax from maquires next but will see thanks dont get me wrong my tahoe shines very nice i just hate it when i look at it in an angle sometimes and in the sunlight and i see that one or two swirl marks im just trying to avoid more thats all if i can i doubt it thanks guys
Old November 19th, 2006, 11:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Meguiars NXT is not a good product to "repair" paint. If your paint is in good condition it is great for shine. It's not even a good protector and doesn't last as long as convential waxes. (meguiars will even admit that) If you want to improve your paint condition use a polish or scratch X and then wax with your favorite shine/protector wax. You don't have to get cleaner waxes for regular use.

Great info on swirl removal:
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...&threadid=7011

General info from site
http://www.meguiars.com/tips/article...selected_ID=10
Old November 20th, 2006, 12:29 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is cheesecloth? Sorry for the ignorance!

What other cloths are people using to apply wax?

Quick Reply: black tahoe swirl marks