Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Blower motor help!!

Search this Thread

Old September 4th, 2015, 8:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower motor help!!

2005 suburban 1500 2wd base model:

Wiring to resistor fried a year ago, spliced and replaced, no issues. A week ago the connection from the resistor to the motor fried. Replaced the resistor and blower motor and it worked fine. I'm now smelling a faint odor of burning electrical and I can hear the squirrel cage making a clicking sound that is directly related to the speed at which the a/c is set. If it weren't for the slight burning smell I might think there was debris stuck in the blower. But if that were the case I shouldn't be smelling any burning, which leads me to the main question: Assuming the blower motor/resistor aren't defective, what would be causing these electrical issues? Is there too much juice going in and causing overheating? If so, what's the fix? Incidentally, we've been having a number of electrical issues (speedometer inoperable, oil pressure gauge registering way over the max line, occasional dash lights fade out/turn off entirely). Might this be due to a bad engine ground? If not, then what? Thanks for any advice. Hope we don't burn up in this thing...