Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Bluetooth issue - 2014 Suburban LTZ

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2015, 2:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth issue - 2014 Suburban LTZ

I recently purchased a 2014 Suburban LTZ. While I love the vehicle, I have been unable to pair my iPhone 5 to it via bluetooth. I follow the instructions, and the vehicle says that I should be able to pickup the bluetooth signal on my phone, but it never appears. I brought it to the dealer, and one of the guys tried to pair his Android phone to it. Same problem. The vehicle is not spitting out the signal. They tried to tell me that it would need to go to service and they would need to sell me a "additional module" in order to "activate" the bluetooth. I'm calling bull. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? Thanks.

Last edited by joedirt123; March 19th, 2015 at 2:44 PM.
Old March 19th, 2015, 6:22 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by joedirt123
I recently purchased a 2014 Suburban LTZ. While I love the vehicle, I have been unable to pair my iPhone 5 to it via bluetooth. I follow the instructions, and the vehicle says that I should be able to pickup the bluetooth signal on my phone, but it never appears. I brought it to the dealer, and one of the guys tried to pair his Android phone to it. Same problem. The vehicle is not spitting out the signal. They tried to tell me that it would need to go to service and they would need to sell me a "additional module" in order to "activate" the bluetooth. I'm calling bull. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? Thanks.
Good evening,

Thanks for your post. Sincere apologies to read about the difficulty you've had with pairing your iPhone to your Suburban. I see that you have already been to the dealer for further insight, but I'd like to provide an additional resource for you to contact regarding this situation. This group can assist with any questions you have about the infotainment system:

Team: Infotainment Customer Support Group
Phone: (855) 478-7767
Hours: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (EST) daily

Hope that helps!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 20th, 2015, 6:49 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default lol

lol... "stealerships"

No, the LTZ has bluetooth. I know, I have a LTZ.

Something is broken, and it should be under the original 3 year warranty.

This is one of the reasons I abandoned GM... Dealers are the elevator operators of 2015. They just get in the way.

An Open Letter to Tesla, From Your Friendly Local Car Dealers ? Column ? Car and Driver

Found this today:

https://gma.yahoo.com/abc-news-inves...opstories.html

A Chevy Dealer none the less...

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; March 20th, 2015 at 1:28 PM.